How about a badge ?

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Official Forum' started by raygun, May 29, 2009.

1. raygun

raygun Non member

How about UKAHFT giving out a "Course Setters" badge. :)

The unsung hero's of the UKAHFT circuit.

You turn up, shoot and sod off.

The course setters have probably spent a week or two sorting the course out that you are all going to shoot and rarely get a mention, Without these people the event just wouldn't take place.

What I am proposing is that there would be two "Course Setters" badges per hosting club. The club could then decide who would receive them. The badges could be unique and including the Gathering it would require 20 per season.

I would happily pay a little extra on the entrance fee to fund the badges. If the badges were not made year specific 100 would last 5 years.

What thoughts people.

ATB
    Ray.

2. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Sounds like a good idea;):D

3. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Sounds good Ray.

New design badges cost around £350 for 100, perhaps the 9 hosting clubs could chip in and that way would have to put the entry fee's up.

Pete

4. raygun

raygun Non member

Sounds O.K. to me. The hosting club would be allowed to buy say 2 badges (to keep them exclusive :D).
    It would only cost the host club £7.

It would add a little interest and also you could point out who the ba..tards were :D

ATB
    Ray.

5. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

I'm not sure it's a good idea, it could cause a lot of bad feeling within club as to who gets the two badges.

Do you give them to the guys who designed the course or the guys who put the most work into actually setting out the course, then again you could give them to the guys who did the organisational preparation for each club.

To be honest I can see too many negatives & not enough positives

6. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Does it has to be restricted to two and awarded?

Without thinking me about cost, could they not be just given out to all involved in building the course for the day? It always seems as if 90% of the work gets done by 10% of the folks at any given level, so perhaps this wouild encourage the 10% becoming 20%?

But then there is the cost to consider.

7. raygun

raygun Non member

I understand Pete's concern but also acknowledge what Rob says.

Remove the restriction and let the clubs buy as many as they need. UKAHFT add a quid to the cost of the badge and make a bit of money. The clubs could either present their workers with the badge or

charge them for it:D

ATB
    Ray.

8. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Do you think there would be many wanting to buy a "Course helper" badge?

Who would run & fund this scheme, UKAHFT certainly don't have the money to spend £350+ on 100 badges that might not sell, unfortunately in the past we have been left with unsold badges that are then worthless.

Maybe if individual clubs want to recognise their course setters/helpers they could have a small number of badges made by Rangesports, you could even have the year put on:D

9. popsheep

popsheep Lee Marvin & the Shadows

Badges or just a thank- you

Just me but I;m not a badge man got i gold UKAHT and one gold Southern Hunters thats my lot ..Do I want one for setting the UKAHFT at MAD no thanks .
    I want 150 people to come off afterwards and say well done a tough well thought out course that they enjoyed coming 100s of miles and alot of expense.
    I think I speak for many when I say us course setters do it because we like it and get a kick out of the patts on the back .
    I;ll keep setting courses I dont want a badge but again thats just me .

10. BOMBER

BOMBER Little French Maid

At anston we have around ten people who helps set up for national weekends so it would be unfair to just issue two out, and as mentioned before if it is an exclusive badge that some one is after then in my opinion a clear or a pheonix badge is special enough. I think most course setters are happy enough with positive comments and constructive criticism rather than a shiny badge.

11. specky

specky New Member

at lincoln, im only happy once the bitching starts! :p

thats worth more than any badge,,, to me anyway

12. Andy006

Andy006 Member

We dont bitch about your courses Martin, we find them too easy.............:D:p:D

13. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Ray what we do at Quarry is every year we have a vote, for Club person, Most improved shooter & Team shooter, and whoever gets the most votes in each gets a small memento.

Pete

14. raygun

raygun Non member

I just thought I'd put the badge idea up for discussion. I'm more than happy to go along with a "No" vote :)

Pete, we have a very similar idea at Rivi as you outlined.
    Problem is I can't get anyone to vote for me :( I tried offering my collection of Treorchy Male Voice Choir LP's and even a signed photo of Catherine Jenkins. Black Puddings and Tripe have also been offered :eek:

I will not offer money :D

Mind you it makes a change from proposing rule changes :cool:

ATB
    Ray.

15. I. J.

I. J. Member

And very gratefully it was accepted too ! ;) Name your trophy/badge Ray. :D