Horsham Hawks Winter Series . Final Results and Prizes

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by pjacobs, Feb 9, 2014.

1. pjacobs

pjacobs Member

Club:
    Lingfield Rifle and Pistol Club; Horsham Hawks HFT and Mile Oak Shooting Club
    Hi Everybody,

First of all, a big ‘thank you to everyone who turned out today for the fourth and final round of the Horsham Hawks Winter Series. I m sure you ll agree that it was nice to shoot for once without the awful accompaniment of rain – although the wind remained a challenge for most. I hope that the series was both interesting and enjoyable for all who took part; and I look forward to participating in a similar competition at the end of this year and the beginning of next.

Secondly, I have to offer a huge apology. As much as I enjoyed handing out the prizes to the winners, it seems that we made one or two errors in our calculations at the end of today s shoot and immediately before the prize-giving. In short, the spreadsheet on our laptop was organised to calculate the total of the percentage scores for each competitor, across all four rounds of the competition (as was the case last year) – rather than the top three of four rounds (as should have been the case this year). As a consequence, some prizes were awarded incorrectly and I apologise unreservedly and profusely for that.

What follows is the correct list of prize-winners, together with the sum of their best three percentage scores. I would be extremely grateful if those who are incorrectly holding trophies could return them to me (in exchange for a double egg, bacon and cheese burger) so that I can pass them on to the correct recipients. As I was 'in the chair' for the day, should any such trophies be irrecoverable for any reason (extended holidays, emigration or sold on the bay), I would be happy to provide for an appropriate replacement from my own (or club) funds, dependant upon how sound a thrashing I will get from my erstwhile colleagues for the errors.

Open
    1st place Tony Archer 285.393%
    2nd place Mike Byford 282.138%
    3rd place Eric Bynum 281.682%

Recoiling
    1st place Nigel Tostevin 238.320%
    2nd place Nick Botting 236.073
    3rd place Roy Pearce 228.152

Ladies (shot across two rounds with two ladies competing in each)
    1st place Jenny Stone 177.053

Juniors
    1st place Rudy Goldslade 267.624

The full spreadsheet, detailing scores (and percentages) achieved by all competitors across all rounds and classes in the competition will be posted as soon as it is available (and has been checked).

Very best wishes,
    PJ

2. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    Bloody amateurs... couldn't organise a score spreadsheet between 3 of you :p.. fancy having me come up for a trophy only to ask for it back once i got home:eek:. Do you not understand the weeks of gloating from spongey i will get now i have been demoted to 4th place, it was bad enough being 3rd in the 1st place to his 2nd !!!

3. blackscale

blackscale Member

It's a nice trophy though Steve...

I have my 'Second Place' Trophy sitting on my gun cabinet...looks lovely! :D:D

Bit of a Jim Bowen? moment was it "Look what you could have won"!! :rolleyes::D:D:cool:

Luv ya! XX

4. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    Haha.. yes indeed Mike my old fruit.. it WAS a nice trophy :rolleyes: Eric will be pleased with it :mad::D
    Going to take another year of councilling now.. theres me thinking i was good again.. cruel bastards they are at Horsham

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  5. blackscale

blackscale Member

You are good Steve but in this game they are always chomping at your heels, then going on by! :rolleyes: