Holographic red dot sights

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by bobSki, Apr 20, 2010.

1. bobSki

bobSki New Member

Club:
    Leicester & District Small-Bore rifle and Pistol Club
    Hi folks,
    I have today received my new “holographic†red dot sight. It is a DONTOP RA/1X22X33 as pictured HERE.
    From viewing other peoples similar sights in the past, I can t help but think that mine may be faulty or incorrectly set up, I m not sure which.
    The reticle is only visible in the bottom of the screen in a very narrow circle and most of the time seems to be partially covered by the prism. I have tried to photograph the sight from behind the gun to show you what I mean. If you move your head slightly in any direction, it soon disappears from the screen/view altogether (which I didn t think was supposed to happen with holographic sights).
    From what I have tried to describe can anyone tell if I have a problem, as it is, this sight doesn t seem as good as some others I have tried.
    Kind Regards
    Bob

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BOMBER

BOMBER Little French Maid

That looks proper fubar to me mate, send it back.:(

3. bobSki

bobSki New Member

Club:
    Leicester & District Small-Bore rifle and Pistol Club
    I think you are right Bomber. I'm going to let some more experienced chaps have a look at it over the weekend but I think you're right and it will end up being returned.