Hissy fits - are you guilty ?

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Kingplinker, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

C'mon who's guilty of throwing a hissy fit on a comp then ? :eek:

Have you ever walked off a course part way through feeling dejected OR have you ever failed to hand your card in due to a poor score ?

I am guilty of not handing my score card in at the southern hunters MONSOON a couple of years back after Scutter stitched me up with a duff gun :D ... I shot a 37 I think it was , screwed up the soggy card but was later told to bung it in for the bonus bunny . I didn't win that either btw . :rolleyes:

My first target , an easy 20 yard kneeler just about dinked the very bottom of the target :eek: which set the alarm bells ringing but its still one of those shoots I will never forget , the ribbing stopped after about 3 months anyway. :eek: lol

So c'mon , own up before someone grasses you up ! :D

Dave

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  2. Sam Vimes

Sam Vimes New Member

Not that I recall although I have effectively given up half way round before. Still finished the course and handed a card in though. It was The Gathering at Basingstoke a couple of years ago. I simply lost the will to live half way round.:eek:;):D
    Generally speaking, I won't shoot HFT much beyond October, wind and rain I can handle. Wind, rain, cold and mud are another matter entirely. FT is much more civilised in such conditions.;)

3. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Not really, I get disappointed when I have a bad day like everyone else but I tend to just shrug it off now and make sure I don't make the same mistake again. When I was playing Rugby on the other hand I would beat myself up all week until I got chance to make up for it the following week! It doesn't stop me calling myself a cock or a twat when I miss something I think I should've got though, but I do that all the time whenever I make a mistake!:D;)

Ryan

4. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    No never.. lol.

Ok, maybe I didn't hand my card in at a certain UK event last year...maybe..:D

5. Feral

Feral New Member

When I got really wet and my MK4 rolled down the concrete step at Buxted I did a DNF and just went round the rest of the way with Daniel (who shot the whole thing standing)... not so much a hissy fit as frustration keeping in getting a wet miserable kid around a course with fitty kit ;)

6. Mog

Mog New Member

Club:
    Truttemer Tir Club
    One comp, I started on peg 10, got to peg 30 and thought I'd finished, but that's an age thing, not a hissy fit. :eek:;)

7. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    yes :D only the once, but thats all your getting.....right:p

8. MojoCrow

MojoCrow New Member

I leave my hissy fits for when I'm at work (no really, throwing myself on the floor, having a paddy, kicking & screaming. The whole works:D). The closest I've got to getting a bit snotty at a shoot is when it's chucking it down and I just start doing kneelers instead of prone. I probably avoid the hissy fits at a shoot because I don't like myself when I'm serious. Hell, I'm there to relax and enjoy myself. However, If I ever were to get to the last target on a 58 at Buxted and finished on a 59; I just might................... cry myself to sleep (although anything close to a 58 would result in me giving everyone a kiss in celebration of an achievement of a lifetime):p:D

9. Mog

Mog New Member

Club:
    Truttemer Tir Club

Errr, think I'm busy on that day. :eek:

10. martin c

martin c New Member

of course not

but i am sure there will be ample opportunities in the near future :rolleyes:

11. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

I do remember walking off a course having finished it thinking "what a bloody waste of a morning/afternoon that was":eek::eek::eek: and I may or may not have made reference to a well known mouse with big ears called mickey:D

12. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

In all my years shooting i can honestly say ive never had a DNF or thrown a hissy fit...I've been close a couple of times usually just resulting in a few choice words to myself and/or a kicked bean bag. Last years gathering was close to being a DNF though, Suffering with man flu, being soaked through thanks to a non waterproof "waterproof" jacket and being slightly the worse for wear after trying to kill the flu virus with alcohol the night before:eek: I couldn't blow my track record though and stuck it out, all the time questioning my sanity:D:D
    I have seen some quite spectacular paddies in the past though with my favourite of all time being about 10-12yrs ago when a extremely serious trophy hunting FT shooter blew a gasket big style and lauched his Anschutz/custom shop combo a good 10yds plus over the firing line when things weren't quite going his way:eek::eek: A cease fire was called and he had to do the walk of shame to collect his rifle before being told in no uncertain terms to sling his hook and dont come back:D:D Strangely he wasn't seen on the circuit much after that:D

Remember folks...Its only a game:p:p

13. steveggg

steveggg Trainee Grumps

Dave,

ANDY YATES, can probably fill the database, from what i've heard.

C'mon Andy, tell us all.

14. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    Not so much loosing the plot but if I miss targets I have no business missing through some silly mistake, or go through a spell of playing oxo (0X0XX00) for a few lanes, I would sometimes have a little growl to myself (FFS WILL!!) and the like, get it out of my system and try and get my house in order. No walkoffs, no DNFs, all is good :)

15. rubi-tong

rubi-tong Bernies MY *****

At Anston's NEFTA HUNTER I shot a rat high in a tree and hit the kill dead center, The target did'nt go down, the shooter in front of me varified that the kill was free from pellet marks when he shot but he missed, when he looked he said yes thats yours in the middle. Mr Calpin shinnied up his ladders (with shorts on, not pretty) tested the target and it was working fine, Missed the next 4 lanes due to being wazzed off and rushing. The guys behind me all got it too, still can't explain it, just unlucky I think!

16. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    A few words have been uttered in anger... but i'll try and stick to my mantra which is never to walk off a course... if you accept your score is dead, then all you have is an opportunity to learn with the rest of the course. What more valuable time do you have to learn than in the exact conditions that you're having a problem with?

But then I haven't exactly queued up for my bronze badge when i've deserved one... :D... and I did scare Rich on a standing lane 2 winters ago when I went from a 1st/2nd possible to a definite 3rd in one lane, the last one of the season...

17. Steve

Steve Member

LOL we just all have to remember its FOR FUN,happy birthday by the way;)

18. bypass

bypass Member

Okay, so I might of suffered the odd sense of humour failure and lobbed me gun down on occasion, but its not something I`m proud of.
    You should try to take a second before doing anything, as on a comp there are other people around you that are also trying to get a decent score and having some pratt spitting his dummy can put them off too.

WHERES MY MEDS

Andy

19. Where's Molly

Where's Molly Member

Club:
    M.A.D
    I dont know so much about a hissy fit but boy can i moan! mind you i think that is a womans perogative!! Instead of thanking my shooting partners for shooting with me i usually thank them for putting up with me!! The award for the most tollerant shooting partners this year goes to Janine and Lou for helping me through my "Losing the will to live" stage at Bisley, and the number one spot must go to Rik for having to put up with not only me; but a moaning molly the sausage dog all the way round the course at the MAD comp!!! Now thats patience for you!!!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D
    Jen xxx

20. The Doctor

The Doctor New Member

I have only had two - one due to the incompetence of a marshal testing a target where the kill had moved but the faceplate had not gone.....during the testing, some dick pulled the string, hence resetting the kill! I was not a happy bunny, and the bloody numptees couldn't understand why I was annoyed that they didn't give me it, or at least a chance to reshoot the lane.

The other one was when I was told that I could use a bucket if I wanted to go to the toilet at one of last year's GPs - the ensuing rant was not pretty :)

Lee