Hi from S.Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by PastaCore, Aug 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. PastaCore

PastaCore New Member

Club:
    Emley FT
    Just like to say hi to you all, and see if there are a few shooters local to Shafton in S.Yorkshire.

I was a full bore pistol and rifle shooter, until the ban, so I sold up along with quite a few others, I have since retired due to my Rheumatoid Arthirtis, but would like to start shooting again, Shotguns are out too much recoil for my arthritic shoulders lol, so yesterday I had a venture down to Idleback at Rotherham and met a great chap who let me put 2 magazines through his Daystate Mk 4, thoroughly enjoyed it, and put a respectable group in too. Needless to say I am hooked again, so now I have the problem of deciding which rifle combination to go for, obviously the one I do best with is the choice, but I am wanting to try a few first.

Is there anywhere local to me that will let you try say a Steyr LG 110 or a Hammerli 20 as I have noticed most have the Air Arms, Daystates, and other FT guns but not the 2 I mentioned, so any help on where to try these or indeed any thoughts on which rifle is a good place to start, bearing in mind I only want to either shoot FT, HFT and paper.

Many thanks G.

2. merc350

merc350 Just wants to shoot...

Club:
    Emley FTC
    The best thing is to pop down to a local club. You have a few to choose from. Anston FTC is not too far away and neither are Emley Moor and Redfearns. People are very friendly and will often let you try their guns to see which suits.:)

3. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
  4. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    That is like saying you want to take up fishing and only want to do Sea, course and trout fishing ;)

You will probalbly find one gun that will suit all 3 disciplines but the scope will be the sticking point (between FT and HFT)

Dave.

5. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Club:
    Emley Moor
    Hi mate, some excellent clubs in the area and i'm sure someone from Emley or redfearns will show you round. i would take you to Emley but i'm out of the country for a few weeks now. A mate of mine on here lanky mk is a member of Emley and lives at cudworth. drop him a pM.:)

6. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Dave

7. PastaCore

PastaCore New Member

Club:
    Emley FT
    Thanks, I am thinking of doing that, especially as one or two people on here have pointed me in the right direction.

8. PastaCore

PastaCore New Member

Club:
    Emley FT
    Hi Dave thanks for the reply, what I meant was I want to try all 3, and then see which I prefer. ;) I might find the FT or HFT a bit too demanding for my old bones, and then the indoor target will be my choice.

Giovanni.

9. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Well - the guy I travel to comps with is almost 70 and he still kicks arse in FT ;)

10. Neil

Neil MFTA Winter League Champion 2011 and winner of som

Not everyone's arse Dave, some are more substantial than others! :D

11. PastaCore

PastaCore New Member

Club:
    Emley FT
    So it looks like there is hope for me yet, I was thinking of having a ride to Emley this Sunday to have a look.

12. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Good idea - there is a fun shoot on so there will be plenty of people there and a good selection of guns :)