Hi from Peterborough

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Paul55, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Paul55

Paul55 New Member

Hi all, I'm Paul, a youthful, 56yr old who hopes to start FT shooting shortly. I own a TX200 fitted with a Viper 6-42 x 56 scope in .177 & I'm looking forward to the challenge.

I do have one question & that is, I have a problem sitting on a bean bag. I'm somewhat overweight & my stomach blubber gets in the way. I can't hold the position for any length of time, couple that with a pair of dodgy knees & it's not good.

Could I use a small stool or fold up seat?

Thanks guys :)

2. JerryD

JerryD Active Member

Club:
    Hereward FT&ARC
    Hi Paul, and welcome. Not sure if you've been down to Hereward yet, but if you want to play FT it's your closest place for it.

Regarding a seat: not in official FT comps I'm afraid. Your seat is meant to fit between two boards 4" apart. However, I can assure you most FT'ers aren't exactly svelte: I'd pretty much guarantee that, unless you really have eaten all the pies, there's plenty on the circuit who'd make you look slimline!

Most shooters new to FT find using a beanbag awkward to start with but it's something you get used to. Also, the technique used to hold/support the rifle can make it easier.

If you want to get a few pointers and see what we're like, why noy drop down to Hereward this Saturday?

www.herewardftc.co.uk

ATB ......... Jerry

3. Paul55

Paul55 New Member

Thank Jerry,

That's a very kind offer I'll take you up on that if I may. I know where the club is, what time should I arrive & should I bring my rifle?