Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ChrisL, Mar 17, 2019 at 9:59 AM.

1. ChrisL

ChrisL New Member

Hi,
    I got back into air rifle shooting a while ago, shooting in my mates farm and having the odd session at Doncaster indoor range. I finally got round to joining Pontefract club and really enjoying shooting there. I'm currently shooting a TX200HC with Hawke panorama so thinking of having a go at HFT. Maybe one day get an FT set up as well.
    I've been reading loads on this forum and got so many answers to questions I had (thanks for that!) so finally joined last month.
    Anyway, just off to Pontefract to watch a bit of FT shooting to see what it's all about.
    Chris

Lavant_Lad likes this.
  2. terryn

terryn Member

Club:
    Kent Woodsmen

ChrisL likes this.
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL New Member

Hi Terry,
    Thanks for the welcome. It was good to have a wander round and chat with a few people about FT and shooting in general. I couldn't stick around for too long as I had my son with me. He's only 5, but wanted to see what it was all about.

4. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Club:
    Emley Moor
    Hi Chris and Welcome. At Emley we have HFT and FT practice courses out, you're welcome to pop over for a shoot on a sat and a chat about HFT/FT. We welcome visitors and there's no charge. Drop me a PM if you fancy meeting up mate.

ChrisL likes this.
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL New Member

Hi Chris, that sounds great, thanks! I'd definitely be up for that. I'm a bit busy for the next couple of weekends but I'll definitely drop you a message and head over.

6. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Club:
    Emley Moor
    No worries mate.....see you soon.:)

ChrisL likes this.
  7. Fly fisher

Fly fisher New Member

Club:
    Kent Woodsmen
    Welcome to STB Chris. Enjoy your shooting.

ChrisL likes this.
  8. ChrisL

ChrisL New Member

Thanks. I'm loving it so far.

9. LEE ST

LEE ST Member

Club:
    Pontefract ARC
    Hi Chris and welcome to STB..
    we spoke on Sunday while i was marshalling and your son he looked really keen think you may need two guns at some point lol.
    your more than welcome shooting with me on a sunday mate when your free hft /ft what ever you like no problem
    if I was you I would take ( chrisc ) up on his offer too lots of info & tips and real top fella he did same for me years ago and never looked back
    some good lads down there so take some biccies with ya and your all sorted.. have fun be safe!!

ChrisL likes this.
  10. ChrisL

ChrisL New Member

Hi Lee!
    It was good to have a chat on Saturday mate. I'm going to try my best to get him shooting, I've already been looking at the cost of an S200!! I think he might be a bit young yet, he's only 5, but he'll definitely be getting an air rifle for his birthday at some point. What sort of age do people start getting kids shooting?
    I'll definitely be up for shooting with you, thanks for that. I'm not going to be there every weekend unfortunately (usually at bloody kids parties!) but I'll drop you a message when I'm going to be there if that's ok? I'm a "mature" (old) student at the moment so making the most of the days off and going to get to the club during the week when I can. Are you ever there during the week?
    I'll also be speaking to chrisc and heading over to Emley as soon as I can. I'm going to need as many tips as I can, and I'll make sure I'm armed with food for everyone! haha!