HFT500 Pot falls apart

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Waldo, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Waldo

Waldo Active Member

Club:
    B O A C, B R P C ,
    HFT500 firing Pot loose

I decided to fit the De-pinger I got from Julian Bond, so drained the air from the cylinder, as I unscrewed the cylinder I could hear something sliding about in side. When I fully unscrewed the cylinder the complete pot assembly fell out !!. The grub screw that stops the pot from working loose had fallen out along with a tiny piece of nylon, that I think came off the end of the grub screw ??. So now I have to find out the re-assembly order and how far to screw the pot back in. I can see 5 threads that have bluing in them from the block threads so that`s a start and will need new o rings . Has anybody any idea as to the re-assembly of the pot? see link to pictures ... http://s22.photobucket.com/user/chorley/library/HFT500 STRIP Regards Gordon

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  2. Waldo

Waldo Active Member

Club:
    B O A C, B R P C ,
    As I didn`t have the manual for this rifle, I down loaded it from AA website and of coarse there`s an exploded diagram of the rifle, so sorted the firing pot out. The thing I`m not sure of is the tiny piece of nylon seems to be shown as part number E146 (79)described as cocking arm friction pad ? but it`s nowhere near the cocking arm ?? unless I got it wrong !and it came out along with the firing pot and it`s innards ? Anyone any idea ? Regards Gordon.

3. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

The nylon bit is a 3mm dia ball, this should be dropped in the hole before the screw, the screw then applies pressure to the ball which tightens on the pot threads stopping it from turning. Without the nylon ball the grub screw would flatten the tops of the brass threads making it difficult to remove come service time.

4. g.l.w

g.l.w Wonky

you have PM Gordon.....................:)

5. Waldo

Waldo Active Member

Club:
    B O A C, B R P C ,
    Thanks for all advice lads, think iv`e got it now :D Regards Gordon.