Hft

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by springer34, Dec 4, 2012.

1. springer34

springer34 anschutz 9003

What is the best hft scope as i love ft but would like to also give hft a go i have a walther or a Anschutz which would be good to use but dont know which 1,:confused::) all views and comments welcome as im new to shooting anyway...?

2. Brian.Samson

Brian.Samson Allowed in Sales Staff Member

Club:
    Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range
    In HFT your scope choice isn't quite as limited as it is in FT, so pretty much any scope will do for HFT.

The important thing to remember with HFT is that you can't adjust your scope during the course, so target turrets aren't going to be important, adjustable parallax isn't needed and scopes with a magnification greater than about 12x aren't going to be much use to you.

Go for something with about a 40mm objective lens. The smaller the objective lens, the greater the depth of field - generally) so smaller is better in terms of depth of field, but the trade off is that if you have a smaller objective that will limit the amount of light coming into the scope, so you may have to invest in more expensive lenses and coatings to compensate.

If you're just going to try HFT, I would recommend buying something 2nd hand and don't spend a huge amount of money.

There's a Bushnell Elite 10x42 for sale at the moment on this forum, they're not a bad scope for HFT.

http://www.shooting-the-breeze.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14260

3. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Like Brian said stick to 40-42 mm objective and 8-10 mag so that you get good depth of field.
    The close ones and the 45 yarders will probably still be slightly blurred but some people use this as a way of range finding. Try and get something with milldots or lines and stay away from duplex rest as this will just make things more difficult for you.
    The Bushnell elite that Brian mentioned is a good scope if you like milldots, if you prefer lined look at the MTC scb ret, the Hawke TAC30 will give you dots and lines and if you're going second hand a Falcon Menace offers a few different types.

Dave

4. Where's Molly

Where's Molly Member

Club:
    M.A.D
    the general choice for scopes seems to be.....
    eb sniper, falcon menace, hawke tac 30, mtc viper fixed 10mag, and the above mentioned bushnell.
    they are all used to good effect but are all personal taste. you may not get on with the scope that your mate swears by.
    for me its a viper, i cannot praise it enough.
    i cant comment on the guns as im not sure what youve got but if its a dommi and a 9003 then the dommi would be for me but if its a 2002 then either.
    theres no doubting the capabilities of any top rifle but some are more adept to the challenges that hft courses spring upon you.
    i shoot a steyr which is a far inferior gun (accuracy and build quality wise) to walther, anschutz, feinwerkbau, norica, gammo :D etc but if i thought there were a better all round gun id go get it.
    hope this helps.
    rich.

5. Where's Molly

Where's Molly Member

Club:
    M.A.D
    sorry that was my post, i didnt realise that i was signed into jennies (wheres molly) account.
    i dont want her getting any death threats from steyr owners! lol. :D
    rich.

6. D Martin

D Martin Non member

You forgot to add SMK B3 to your list Rich ;):)

Dave

7. rickysdaystate

rickysdaystate Make Every Shot Count

Club:
    Greyhound
    Seen the light and got a walther then ;)
    The sightron 10x42 is a good scope, nice ret