Hft shooting

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Official Forum' started by gazza76, Feb 6, 2013.

1. gazza76

gazza76 New Member

Hi can anyone help me out I'm trying to get in to Hft but the problem I'm having is finding a club in my area I'm in stoke on Trent if anyone could help me out with any information on any clubs in stoke I would be very grateful :)

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
  3. AndyJ

AndyJ Member

Club:
    Rivi
    I know there is a club in Kingsley which shouldn't be to far away from yourself. They can be found on facebook HERE

4. Dazzzle

Dazzzle New Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Kibworth is not too far away, depending which side of Stoke you live on.

5. skires

skires Well-Known Member

Hi

Like Andy has said there is a HFT club that shoots near Kingsley which is very close to Stoke on Trent.

There is a shoot there this coming Sunday ... start at about 10.00am. They shoot 30 target courses set out to UKAHFT rules. The club has a good zero / practice range and the course has 30 lanes ( 1 target per lane ) in a wooded area.

Very friendly set of guys. Like most places the very wet weather has made a few lanes muddy ... so if you do come along on Sunday and wish to shoot then please wear suitable clothing and footwear. Most people also bring a flask if they want a hot drink ( Mike normally supplies free doughnuts ). If you are unsure as to what kit to buy then there will be a selection of guns and scopes etc there and people will be very happy for you to have a try of their kit on the practice range. Just come along.

I don't know where you are in Stoke on Trent but the club is 5 mins drive from Cellarhead traffic lights at the top of Werrington bank. So club is 10 - 15mins drive from Hanley.

Let me know if you want further details or directions.

Col

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  6. Fasterthansid

Fasterthansid New Member

I too am from stoke and a member of Kingsley hft. A really friendly bunch of fellas who make you feel very welcome. Don't worry if you've not done hft before as they will walk you through it. Come along on Sunday, where in stoke are you by the way. I'm in trentham.

7. skires

skires Well-Known Member

You're from Trentham and saying you are from Stoke on Trent

Pah ... far too posh. Now if you'd have said Blurton or Hem Heath ... but you Trentham folk should be air lifted out and dropped next to Wilmslow or Prestbury.:D

You even have your own gardens that us peasants have to pay to get into.:D

( I'm not in Stoke ... I live in the far posher Newcastle under Lyme ... we have a ski slope and fountains in the middle of roundabouts don't you know ).

( ... and who are you lol ? )

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  8. subaru swift

subaru swift Active Member

Club:
    Kingsley HFT & Furnace mill.
    :eek:

blythe bridge for me !!! ( meir park side if that is better ) :D

9. Fasterthansid

Fasterthansid New Member

Hi Colin,

The name is lee jones and you are right mate, I am very posh.

10. skires

skires Well-Known Member

Hi Lee

I'm awful with names I'm afraid. I think the lad I shot with recenly at Kingsley was Lee. He shot an AR20. Was that you? I shot a HW77 underlever.

Swifty

Where do you shoot fella? I seem to remember you go to the Wedge? If you shoot HFT come along to Kingsley or do you already go? ... and yup Meir Park qualifies.

Col

11. gazza76

gazza76 New Member

Hi everyone thanks for the replays I've been told about Kingsley Hft club before and I've even had a drive down before but could not find the place do any of you have a post code so I could put it in the satnav thanks again everyone and I'm from Weston coyney so it's to that far from me

12. Steve C.

Steve C. Steve C.

Right matey, if you're coming from Cellarhead on the Cheadle road (A52) turn left signposted Kingsley (opp Jones and Shuffs) then take a right after 50yds, down the lane about 1 mile we're in the wood on the left

Steve C..

13. gazza76

gazza76 New Member

hi steve thanks mate could you tell me what the cost is to shoot that day mate and i will be shooting a bsa scorpion se .22 but i do have the single shot adapter as ive been told you cant use the multi shot one thanks again bud :)

14. Steve C.

Steve C. Steve C.

As I understand it the first shoot is free:) So just pop over. You can use your multi shot if you wish, but must (a) only load one pellet at a time and (b) remove it between lanes.

Steve C.
    ps the turning is signed Ashbourne, not Kingsley:eek:

15. Fasterthansid

Fasterthansid New Member

C'mon gazza, you know you want to.....

16. gazza76

gazza76 New Member

Hi thanks steve for all your help mate can I just ask you one more thing do Kingsley Hft shoot every week and if not how do you find out when they do thanks again Steve :)

17. gazza76

gazza76 New Member

Lol fasterthanid I really do mate been wanting to do some Hft since I got my gun think it can only help me when I'm out in the field shooting rabbits don't know how good I'm going to be at it but well up for trying my hand at it

18. Steve C.

Steve C. Steve C.

Usually 2x a month throughout the year. Allowing for national UKAHFT events and the Daystate Midland HFT rounds.
    Check facebook page.

Steve C.

19. Fasterthansid

Fasterthansid New Member

If your any good then I won't talk to you. So, are you coming tomorrow. Like Steve says 2 x a month, but plinking range is open for you to use anytime.
    I'm new to this hft malarkey as well so know how nervous you feel about turning up and finding that everyone has 2 grand rifles and is a top shot.
    It's not like that mate at all as I also found out. See you tomorrow ??

20. gazza76

gazza76 New Member

Hi and thanks for getting back to me I was going to be coming along and shooting but my lady as surprised me with tickets to the gun show today so I'm not going to be able to make it but I definitely going to come along next time thanks again guys and I'm looking forward to meeting you at the next shoot and don't worry I'm deffo not going to be any good I'm sure of that lol ill keep my eye out on here and Facebook for the next date they shoot