HFT Scope

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by JEV, Aug 11, 2009.

1. JEV

JEV Member

Club:
    Purley Chase FTC
    Looking to set up a HFT gun for 2010. What is the best scope to go for on an Anschutz 2002 HFT gun. I am looking at the little Leupolds but not sure of the model, Leupold VX-3 2.5-8x36mm With bone & Crocket ret seems best to me. Is there a better model.

My understanding is that it should be mounted as close to the barrel as possible and paralaxed to 24yd.

Hope some of you HFT guys can help me find the ideal scope.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  2. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Jev if you can get to the Greyhound I've a couple of HFT scopes you can have a peek through, including a little Leup and a Bushy 6500.

Ryan

3. JEV

JEV Member

Club:
    Purley Chase FTC
    Hi Ryan,

Saw you over there last Wed remember the black LG100 with Bushnell 6500. Wil be over there next Wed.

Jim

4. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Sounds good to me Jim, see you there next Wednesday I'll bring some HFT rigs for you to have a play with. Fingers crossed I'll have mt FT setup back together.:)

Ryan

5. D Martin

D Martin Non member

After looking through a few scopes commonly used for HFT I love the EB Sniper that I now have but the Bushnell Elite 3200 that I used to shoot with comes a close 2nd i.m.o.

Dave

6. finners

finners New Member

bit of a plug

Bit of a plug I know

But the last ( part 5) of my HFT scope test series will be in Sept issue of the web magazine Target Shooter with ALL the parallax error readings for all 13 scopes I have tested. This list includes the latest 6500, the 3200, two leups inc the MK4 and the S&B, some Hawke's ( MAP , SR6 and SR12) Falcon etc etc and yes the EB and the Lightstream.

Along with a UKAHFT page as normal, but Sparky is making a guest showing as feature writer if I can get him to stop using crayons:D

Tim

7. rogb

rogb Señor Member

Can't wait:D:D:D on both counts (I remembered the 'o' in the nick of time;))