HFT scope blurring ???

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Kingplinker, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

Hi all

I desperately need to sort my scope out especially as I have dinked a couple of longer targets lately . :rolleyes:

I currently have my Bushnell 3200 10x40 PX'd a 27 yards which is clear at 45 but blurred at 12 yards and under .

I know a lot of people blur scopes at 45 yards but surely it makes more sense to blur at 40 yards onwards in hft , that way you cover anything from 40 yards ( blur ) with a couple of aim points that will fit neatly inside a full sized KZ .

Where do you blur your scope , for hft purposes mainly ?

cheers

Dave

PS : Must get down the Oaks early to do this before the comp !!! :D

2. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    off crisp @ 35 - lets me know when 1" kills are full distance

blur @ 40, but can still define individual pellet strikes, also lets me know if course setters use 35mm kills to make it look further

full blur @ 45, can't make out individual pellet strikes, but you can define the kill from plate

scopes with less DOF better suited to my method, some scopes are too clear to do it.:)

3. Brian.Samson

Brian.Samson Allowed in Sales Staff Member

Club:
    Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range
    Ideally you want your scope crystal clear for the 20-25 yard mark because when it's crystal clear there's less parallax error and the 20-25yard range is where most of the 15mm reducers are, so that's where the least margin for error lies.

With a PA at about 23yards it makes 40 yard a tiny bit blurred and 45yards a bit more blurred on my scope. With practice you can tell the difference between a 40 yarder and a 45 yarder just by the amount of blur.

That's how I set my scopes up, but everyone's different - so have a play.

4. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Dave its not your scope its your eyes you silly old bugger:D:D:D

5. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    I set my MTC to blur at 45, just starting to blur @ 40 so 'normally' I would be able to shoot TOK out to where it starts to blur...
    Anyway, as you keep reminding everyone at the club, you scored 58 @ Buxted so I'd leave well alone mate :p

6. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

Ahhh I see ...... or not as the case may be . lol

Thats a very good point Steve , perhaps I should just ' trust ' the old TOK above 35 yards as it would save messing with the gun again . :eek: We all know what happens when I play around too much :eek:

Good luck tommorow mucker ;)

Dave