HFT scope advice

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Beefy, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Where's Molly

Where's Molly Active Member

Club:
    M.A.D
    Normally it's the better optics that give you less to play with blur wise....my partners scope is...well not the clearest!!...if he can see the target...it's between 20 to 30....if he can only make out a distant blur it's 45!!

Slip Stream likes this.
  2. Phil Kennett

Phil Kennett Member

Club:
    SARC - MAD
    Can anyone explain what makes some scopes apparently more susceptible to Parallax, I am pretty inexperienced presently and find my 3-9x40 very critical when it comes to head position.

I have heard several people say that they seem to get parallax issues with some scopes while not others, I don't really understand why

3. Beefy

Beefy New Member

Club:
    Furnace Mill
    I think due to different lens coatings and internal arrangements some scopes can be more sensitive to it than others. It all depends on the user as well, I had a lightstream before which is a scope that many people say suffers from parallax issues, and yet I found it absolutely fine. Likewise I used to have one of the old mtc viper scopes ages ago and I found it really bad for parallax error. There could also be something to be said for the fact that experience has made me better at maintaining a consistent head position therefore reducing parallax problems.

vangard likes this.
  4. Phil Kennett

Phil Kennett Member

Club:
    SARC - MAD
    Thanks for the reply