Hft- plus .

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by holly, Jul 5, 2009.

1. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    I was thinking the other day that it was a shame that i had sold my HFT kit ( doing the back in ) now dopper has told me the secret of doing high ones without doing yourself a mischief . but thinking about it it came to me that in FT we have Sporting FT . to grab a few people over from HFT and get more bums on more seats . why not have a similar thing in HFT shoots . it could be called HFT with HFT EXTRA ? same rules as normal . but any rifle and scope would be allowed plus use of bean bag for kneelers . but no sitting on it .rangfinding allowed turret twiddling allowed . normal HFT times and of course they would have to shoot last on a group . ( otherwise the others could nick there ranges ) should be fun ??? HOLLY

2. BOMBER

BOMBER Little French Maid

leave hft as it is mate it does fine without any knob twidling:d

3. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Twiddling ?

Just a thought .nothing stays the same forever . the big numbers in HFT will not always be there . it will in the end level off and bums on seats are welcome . but whatever ??? HOLLY

4. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

But HFT wasn't supposed to last more than a year anyway Holl!;):p

Ryan

5. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Erm.............:rolleyes: I like HFT the way it is ta ;)

Dave

6. martin c

martin c New Member

ft
    sporting ft
    hft
    hft extra
    a discipline to far i feel ;)

7. Sam Vimes

Sam Vimes New Member

I must have missed something somewhere. I've been using a bean bag for HFT kneelers for a good five years!;)

8. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

I reckon he means in a cheating style Chris;):D, can't be easy when you're older than Laity!;):D:p

Ryan

9. Sam Vimes

Sam Vimes New Member

I use the same style of kneeling for FT too.;)

10. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

That's it mate, bean bags are for sitting on, not kneeling on!:p;):D

Ryan

11. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    hols... you know 'they' have reducers in HFT don't you... smaller than the 10yd'er 25mm you missed at newbury :eek:

but on the positive side, there's only 1 target in a lane... so you can't shoot them the wrong way around...like you also did at newbury :D

On a serious note, i'm not sure HFT is short of numbers, or even FT'ers... indeed there's quite a few people swinging both ways these days.

12. Sam Vimes

Sam Vimes New Member

I've always been equally happy doing both and a dabble at SFT too. Couldn't really care, it's all tin chickens to me.;):D

13. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I thought about this... and decided not to take the route about how HFT has reducers smaller than 25mm, and yet one at 10yds had you spitting feathers at newbury... nor to think about how there's only one target per lane, so you can't get them the wrong way around...

no, i've thought about it and i reckon it's fine as it is... in fact, i quite like the fact that the two formats are different, and even run differently, because you can see things objectively, and see how one format could learn from the other, as can the shooters... blurring it together takes away the differences that gives each it's edge.

I used to think that some day, one great hybrid could combine the pros of both formats, and perhaps wished for that to happen... now, really, i just wish there was more time to shoot.