HFT Malta Nationals 2010-11 Season

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by luger, May 14, 2010.

1. luger

luger Malta's GOS!!!

Club:
    Malta Allied Airgunners Club
    These are the dates for next season's HFT Malta Nationals.

14th November
    9th January
    13th February
    14th May Round 1
    15th May Round 2

This is the first time we will be organizing HFT events as Nationals. The first 3 events will be used as qualifiers for shooters to take part in next years HFT Wrolds. All points from the first three events will be counted and top shooters will be eligable to represent Malta. Still to be decided how many shooters as a team we will be able to send.

After the Worlds, the best 2 out of the first 3 events of a shooters results will be accounted for together with the final 2 rounds in May to have a final HFT Malta Nationals Champion.

Hope our format does not sound too complicated :eek:

I know some members on here asked about next seasons dates as they were interested in coming over for one of our shoots.............and here they are :D
    I am in contact with the Malta authorities to find out what necessary documents are needed to get an air rifle over to Malta if some of you are still interested to come over for one of our HFT events. Should not be much of a hassle though.

We usually decide on events dates for the season around September/October after the FT Worlds but I did my best to push forward with the club committee the new calendar much earlier this time.

I know it's only 5 HFT shoots but we have to cater for FT and BR too. We also have 8 FT Nationals shoots and 5 BR Opens.

Kris

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  2. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

I really fancy coming over for this and making a holiday of it as well. I love Malta, its mine and my Wife's favourite place. We stay in Silema so how far is that from the HFT ground? Also what ft/lb is the legal limit and do you know if Air Malta allow guns on the Aircraft??

Thanks

LAity

3. waynegal

waynegal New Member

Malta Hft

Hi Laity,In Malta from one end to another is approx 40 minutes dirve so from our shoothing range to sliema is maybe 20 -30 min if you find a bit of traffic .
    Wayne

4. luger

luger Malta's GOS!!!

Club:
    Hey Rog,

From Sliema to our shooting range ain't more than 30min, it all depends on traffic though. If you're luck and find no traffic it can be done in less than 20min.

There are no legal ft/lbs limits here in Malta as all airguns are treated as fire arms and need a licence for it. In fact some of our members even got 80ft/lbs Shinsung airguns :eek:

But our Nationals events are strictly sub 12ft/lbs just like in the UK.

Yes, Air Malta do take on airguns for a fee. You just have to check with Air Malta offices in the UK regarding the necessary procedures needed.

Kris

5. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Right then who fancies some warm HFT in January? I guarentee it won't clash with a Midlands HFT shoot! :D

Ryan

6. Levidog

Levidog Member

It looks fantastic

7. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Cor, 1/2 tempted... do some leg work and see what comes up price wise... :)

8. skipper

skipper New Member

Lou and i are a bit interested..... how does the firearm cert work with the airguns? Are they easy to get?

9. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Just got back from the pub and eaten a chinky, I'll start looking into things tomorrow. I've been speaking with Kris (Luger) about this since the worlds.

10. stillwater

stillwater Well-Known Member

Club:
    KSG, Misfits
    Keep me informed, as Gregs and myself are well up for it:D, With two of the Midlands organisers on tour think you could be right about it not clashing;):D

11. luger

luger Malta's GOS!!!

Club:
    Seems like a good group of you is up for it............at this rate there will be more UK shooters than ourselves :eek::D:D:D

12. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    Did this happen?

13. luger

luger Malta's GOS!!!

Club:
    Unfortunately not!

We had some serious problems regarding our shooting range and basically had to stop all FT/HFT shooting for more than 6 months!

We are slowly starting to get the ball rolling again with an alternative shooting range and also starting to organise some FT and HFT events.

Hopefully in the near future we would be able to organize such an event and invite UK shooters over for some warm and sunny winter shooting! It's gonna take some more time though but im sure we will get there!

Kris