HFT.........how long ago?

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by luger, Mar 17, 2010.

1. luger

luger Malta's GOS!!!

Club:
    Malta Allied Airgunners Club
    Just a straight forward question here..............which year was HFT officially invented?

Was under the impression that it was like 4 or 5 years ago but it seems that it goes back way longer than that............

2. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    HFT has been going for years as far back as the 90's, UKAHFT version has been going since 2002.

Pete

3. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2010
  4. luger

luger Malta's GOS!!!

Club:
    Malta Allied Airgunners Club
    Thanks for clearing it Pete :)

5. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

At Meon Valley we have been shooting HFT since around 1992-3, albeit in a very basic format. Originally tagets could be placed at any distance, i remember 1 shoot where people where holding their rifle out at arms length and reaching the target to shoot it down!! and many others where strings where extended because 55yds seemed a bit close!! Position wise standing was pretty much the norm, either freestanding or supported, prone and kneeling where allowed but didn't really get used much and where almost seen as cheating!! The peg to shoot from was utilised from the beginning with the occassional shoot using FT type lanes. If i remember any other details etc I'll post it up:)

6. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ