Hft & bbs

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Sparky, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Now please don't come on here and start slating the AirgunBBS as if it wasn't for that UKAHFT and a lot of clubs wouldn't exist.

But i spoke to Baz yesterday and told him my views and he thought we wanted a seperate section and as you know we don't, and i said if we have to have a seperate section can we have it in the general section headed "HFT"

But it looks like it will remain at the bottom, its a shame as the AirgunBBS was once the only forum for me, but looks like some of the mods have got thier way.

Oh well

Pete

2. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    It's a shame Pete & it's frankly a bit daft IMO, but hey ho, at least we can still go & shoot tin chickens on Sundays :):shot:

3. Sparky

Club:
    Quarry Hunters

Thats the most important thing Steve.

I would like to know who the HFT Shooters were who complained about HFT being in the general section:confused: but never mind.

Pete

4. GMF

GMF Non member

Ay up Pete, it is a shame about the airgunBBS but HFT is a growing sport so maybe it needs to spread its wings abit it looks like its got enough room here to do that ;)

Glynn

5. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    Yes, as would I, not one person posted backing that claim up either :rolleyes: & i got told off by Baz on a post & then it was locked right after.. anyway, must not say anything bad about the BBS so i'm keeping stum ;)

Exactly, it's not like people will stop shooting it if things aren't posted on the BBS, there are plenty of other places that post up about events :)

6. steveggg

steveggg Trainee Grumps

Pete,

I sent a PM to the Mods on the BBS last night, that i know personally plus Gareth, got a phone call from him today, agree in principal with what he was trying to do, but he admitted maybe his timing re the worlds was not right.

It seems that BAZ has now taken the task of sorting it and whilst he has given HFT/FT a location it's not ideal.

Maybe over time things will move on, but for now seems the BBS is stuck in it's way's.

Regards

7. alhucoll

alhucoll New Member

My tuppence worth,

I'm banned from a site, the reason I'm not aware of - i'm a straight guy with even views and even being ex RN would take a lot to upset someone.
    Here I can post if necessary and add comments or even say I want to take part in "X" shoot. From my experience over the Kelmarsh weekend (hat off to you organisers) there do seem to be a lot who have only visual access to a certain site.
    I won't blot my copy book here, not too sure how I did it elsewhere! But, here at least I can post my intentions to join in what appears to be the fastest growing shooting sport in the UK, and that is something I want to be a part of with the good people I met at Kelmarsh.

Al

so can any one get in touch with the Kibworth crowd and add my name to the 25th shoot (Al Collip) pleas, 'cos I can't!

8. poison dwarf

poison dwarf BANNED

Club:
    tondu /quarry
  9. delta1

delta1 New Member

Just to let you know I'm staying out of this one!:p

10. Sparky

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    :D:D

Pete

11. FUBAR

FUBAR New Member

WHAT 5TEVE L SAID , its a shame but hayho this place is looking good though ,so well done to you sir / sirs

12. specky

specky New Member

evening richard,
    at least i can talk/type to you now!

one of my gripes was having to use the other site, i gave up

13. Andy006

Andy006 Member

Well I can guarantee it wern't me Pete.:D This site looks the bee knees so far though and should do the job just perfect. Onwards and upwards mate.

ps, well done to you and all the Worlds organisers, it truly was a grand affair.

Andy_J

14. Kev Hughes

Kev Hughes Member

Too late Name Rank and Number reported :p

Kev

15. blackscale

blackscale Member

Pete is right though, if it were'nt for the bbs, 'The Oaks' wouldn't be here!
    Didn't have a clue about setting out!..Posted on the bbs and had loads of replies...It's all been down hill from there!:rolleyes::D:D

Great Stuff!

XX
    (Not used to these forums...only know the bbs..When someone becomes a friend...That ain't like dogging is it??..lol...No seriously i think i replied correctly, what happens now?)

Mike.

16. MojoCrow

MojoCrow New Member

Quite simple really........... you meet up in a car park somewhere at night.:D

The friends thing is a bit 'Facebook' but at least we can have a piccie next to our names on this forum (bit swings and roundabouts really):cool:.

17. delta1

delta1 New Member

Its rather like visiting a new pub.:cool:

Same beer but different ambience, different landlord, and different graffiti in the Bog.

Nice to see so many familiar names, and nice to be able talk to banned BBS members should I/they wish to.

18. GMF

GMF Non member

LANDLORD!! LANDLORD!! BAN HIM! hes had a dump in the bog!!!an its blocked :eek: :D :D

Glynn :D

19. Andy006

Andy006 Member

Hiya Richard.:D Nice to be able to chat again. It does seem rather amiable here compared.;) Lets hope nobody tampers with it.:D

20. stillwater

stillwater Active Member

Club:
    KSG, Misfits
    Name added to the Kibworth list :D
    Look forward to meeting you
    ATB
    Greg