hft 500

Discussion in 'Air Arms' started by vinny, Nov 28, 2015.

1. vinny

vinny WHFTA 2015 World Champion

Club:
    M.A.D
    I had my 500 to bits the other day and didnt notice any cylinder block interface washer, the one that seals the cylinder air into the breech , is it anything special?
    kinda think its going to be a small rubber o ring, anyone give me a clue whats supposed to be there and what its made of ,
    while I, m asking anyone know what the surface of the inside of the hammer is
    Any help appreciated ,

2. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

Vinny it is a 6x1mm o ring, the last 2 I took apart didn't have one in either! someone used to make a small brass ring to fit inside the o ring which stopped it disappearing, cant remember who it was though?

The hammer has 2 split teflon bushes in it, the hammer it self is hardened steel, you can cut them with tipped tools but they are very hard!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  3. vinny

Club:
    M.A.D
    Cheers Si , I take it that would be rubber not steel or ptfe or something ?

4. Tench

Yes just a normal o ring, 70 shore? it would probably benefit from being changed to something 1.2mm thick and harder, 90 shore or even a ptfe one? AA use the 6x1mm o ring between the gauge mount and valve body on the 400 series so probably just used the same one in there.

5. vinny

Club:
    M.A.D
    Nice one thanks , any clues on the inside of the hammer , mine looks like its some form of sleeve thats pitted

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  6. Tench

The hammer has 2 split teflon bushes in it, one at either end. The hammer it self is hardened steel, you can cut them with tipped tools but they are very hard! I had one that was bored slightly off centre so the hardened steel inner dia rubbed on the guide rod, I couldn't drill it, I had to grind it to get some clearance.

7. rogb

rogb Señor Member

Twas UK Neil. He sent me a couple when I had an S400.