hft 500 series trigger tune

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by vinny, Jan 13, 2015.

1. vinny

vinny WHFTA 2015 World Champion

Club:
    M.A.D
    Hi , anyone got any experience in sorting out these units, I appreciate they are sear identical to other 400/500 series rifles BUT the actual trigger has a sliding post adjuster that relies on being the same width as the trigger housing, mines a bit slack in their to say the least so therefore the trigger catches on the housing , aah, qa dont you love it :eek:o, all the sears sit on shoulders built onto the housing side plates to stop any contact between each other, rather than the old units that had rubber o rings ,why AA didnt do that to the trigger contact points is beyond me , it would stop any greasebound sticking issues , grit migration etc
    So my dilemma, polished everything,installed a set of very fine ptfe washers , that took the sideway slack out the trigger so it didnt catch on the housing, the break point is beeeootiful if the second stage is wound out but as soon as you want a second stage its sooo heavy , wound the tension spring out to the point where the sears just reset but its still not good at the second stage break point , I tried the old dremmel on changing sear contact point angles and length , just got worse , just gaining a bit of experience doing this .
    Purchased a new set of sears and installed tested before a new polish and after , better after BUT again it seems like you have to have such a small amount of first stage travel to accomodate a suitable weight second stage, I have checked out so many vids and threads that dont cover second stage weight issues , tbh looks like it would be better if the first and second stage were closer to the pivot point ,
    Any pointers appreciated .

2. Lee67

Lee67 Dink ! ...****'

Club:
    Emley Moor ftc
    Can't help , but mine had a gratis trigger tune from solware, when I bought it...had no issues at all..

3. Wheelieneilie

Wheelieneilie Member

Club:
    MAD
    Hft500 trigger

Hi Vinny,
    Your welcome to try mine on next mad night shoot. If its suits you i will run through what ive done to mine. So far, i am loving my new HFT500.
    Neil

4. poth

poth Whafta old Gits world champion

Club:
    Quarry hunters hft
    If you are getting a heavy second stage vinny check that the weight of pull spring is in the grove tidy and also check the sear spring post is tight mine was loose and we had another at quarry that was loose stopping the gun to fire

5. vinny

Club:
    M.A.D
    Thanks for the reply, sear spring post?,is that the screw for the top sear return spring ?

6. vinny

Club:
    M.A.D
    mpr stock

7. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  8. poth

Club:
    Quarry hunters hft
    thats the one vinny and it was stuart james who fitted a hft500 in an mpr stock , I have fitted my mpr in the hft 500 stock

9. poth

Club:
    Quarry hunters hft
    Here is my pair of beauties vinny

Attached Files:

10. Lee67

Lee67 Dink ! ...****'

Club:
    Emley Moor ftc
    And here's mine

Attached Files:

11. vinny

Club:
    M.A.D
    Yep, very nice sooo, the trigger guard can be changed to a rowan or standard aa rather than the odd original hft 500 one ....., dyer reckon I would get an advantage on the rowan trigger unit and blade ? Are the trigger grub screws closer to the pivot point than a standard ? Any idea ?
    Thanks for your continued help

12. JPLammo

JPLammo New Member

has anyone seen or got the matching hamster AA do for the HFT500?

13. Lee67

Lee67 Dink ! ...****'

Club:
    Emley Moor ftc
    Not been released yet

14. Wheelieneilie

Wheelieneilie Member

Club:
    MAD
    MPR blade

Hi Vinny,
    I have taken the ball off and replaced with a standard Rowan MPR blade which fits to the exist Hft500 trigger post. This has less depth and allows you to move the trigger forward and closer to the pivot point. It ia also lighter than the ball and allows you to go to lighter trigger pressure spring and still return to stage one if you let off And back out of a shot. I also think that because the trigger finger is in more contact with the blade and not causing a point load on your trigger finger, it feels lighter even though it still requires the same physical pressure.
    You can try mine on wed night.
    Neil

15. JPLammo

JPLammo New Member

Ah thanks thats why i havent seen one lol :D

16. vinny

Club:
    M.A.D
    Cheers Neil,
    made myself a flat face buttoh today , your right about the larger contact point making it feel lighter , got mine where I want it now

17. vinny

Club:
    M.A.D
    Doh , button!

18. Waldo

Waldo Active Member

Club:
    B O A C, B R P C ,
    I`m using mine without the ball, just the post and moved it forward, it feels a lot better,i also shimmed the trigger because of the side to side movement. Gordon.