heres marmite,,,,,,, my new daystate =

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by subaru swift, Oct 29, 2011.

1. subaru swift

subaru swift Active Member

Club:
    Kingsley HFT & Furnace mill.
    Hi all

well I picked this up a few weeks ago, but i have been that busy i did not have time to post it on this forum plus my lady is in hostipal ( simple op but she needed to have a disk out after the 1st op made her left side sort of temp dead from her knee to her hip !! i can not take her anywhere with out her causing trouble ha-ha, however she is on the mend now :D), well the new daystate of mine is a nice huntsman mk1 FTR ( i did not know they did ftr's back then ) with a marmite ( i like it but maybe a few will not, the photos speak for themselves ) FT custom stock what someone off here might know more about ? !!. as the records on daystate factory system say it was made in 1986 as angie got as much info as she could today for me ( thanks angie & young rob ) also the fill is 135 bar as it says 2000 psi on the block.

& when me & lean first shot it at furnace mill it was a dream but what else can i say but wow it was & is a nice feeling to shoot it plus i was getting some nice groups at 30 yards all under 1\2" easy using a cheap bsa scope on max x9 ( not fully zeroed too ).

It came in a old wooden rifle case ( for sale now ) with a nice old air logic 4-20x44 scope ( what is sold now ! ) i belive the scope was made by Hakko, & 2 moderators plus the filling adapter inc too.

however the owner before me had the rifle for just over 4 years & he said tony from Sandwell field sports serviced the rifle about 15 months ago, & from what I can tell he did a great job as it shot so nice & smooth plus there is little wear & tear on the action etc.

so when i asked angie if they could check it over for me & tell me some info on it plus maybe they can fit a New Style Daystate Standard Male Fill Valve Assembly, as the standard one is a bit wider so i needed to use another Fill Connector what I thought was a pain to keep swapping ( i have a couple of Quick Couplers from best fittings ). Therefore after only a few mins young rob sorted out it all out for me & he loved the rifle too.

So after I paid my bill & gave them a box of chocolate and a box of biscuits ( its a bribe to get me in quicker shhh he-he ) i was on my way home with a very nice smile on my face as marmite is looking & sounding the part now. roll on wed or later in the week when i can shoot him again.

& yes Debbie the daystate ( my airwolf mct ) is still fun but these mct wolf's are a bit boring at times sorry to say as if you miss what you are aiming at its YOUR fault not the rifle !!! ;) & it she be to good for me at times...... !!! He-he.

A couple of photos =

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

& more here =

http://s1002.photobucket.com/albums/af147/subaru_swift/daystate huntman mk1 ftr/?start=all

2. paul4be

paul4be Why do I bother????????

Club:
    Darlington RA
    Don't like Marmite, but I do like that. Stock is certainly interesting and a little different.

3. PaulD

PaulD I like Feinwerkbau's

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT&ARC
    Wow! your a lucky boy:D that is simply stunning and im very jealous:cool:

4. subaru swift

subaru swift Active Member

Club:
    Kingsley HFT & Furnace mill.
    Cheers mate i got it for dare i say,,,,,,, £280 :eek: :D & all the folks who have seen & used the rifle love it & the stock is different with the trigger only being seen & used on the right side of the stock.

cheers mate, i love that stock & the weight is nice too so when i get a nice sling for it & a better scope i will try him out on the HFT ranges. :cool: