Help with standing shots

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by markm, Mar 9, 2014.

1. markm

markm Member

Club:
    Emley
    Can anyone point me in the right direction to a good tutorial on standing shots I did find one on here but don't seem to be able to find it again.

Last week I set up some 40mm washers at 20 yards and practiced on these, I did improve a bit but nowhere near as consistent as I would like to be hit 3 miss 4 hit 4 miss 3 etc

I cannot put my finger on what is causing the problem, is it my stance, rifle fit or a combination of errors

Any advice greatly appreciated

Mark

2. speed

speed jamie

Club:
    emley moor ftc
  3. DYNO DAVE

DYNO DAVE Senior Member

Club:
    Dunfermline
    Standers

I have 2 or 3 standing positions but it all depends on what one the wife fancies ,LOL , On a serious note you need to practice and more practice it will get better but you either have it or you don't, it gets me down some times but I love it.
    Regards Dave

4. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Davey you never did have it and you never will. Now get back to some more practise, your wife says you need it! :D

5. nemesis

nemesis 55yrd standing expert, or was it 8 or 9?

You can't get advice on a forum. You need to get some coaching off someone who knows what they are on about otherwise you'll find yourself picking up bad habits.
    Without someone seeing where you are going wrong it is impossible to pinpoint what is causing your problem.
    Next time your at your club ask a AA grade shooter to show you how it's done.
    To try start telling you on here would go on forever and you'd still not get it right.
    They are so many things to get right that are in itself only little changes, but get only one of them wrong or don't do it and you'll miss.
    Unless of course you wear a shooting jacket then it's impossible to ever miss.

6. Dynaxuk

Dynaxuk New Member

As pointed out by nemesis speak to someone who knows what they're talking about you're in nefta so try to speak to Ian Taylor, he's best standing shot, then there's Neil Hague or Andy calpin either one tend to give advice freely if you're willing to listen.

7. markm

markm Member

Club:
    Emley
    Cheers for the advice chaps
    If you are at the club next Sunday Jamie perhaps you can give me a few pointers

I watched Neil for quite a while yesterday morning hoping to pick up some ideas but as you say Nemesis I really need someone in the know to show me what I'm doing wrong and of course a lot of practice

8. nemesis

nemesis 55yrd standing expert, or was it 8 or 9?

Ha ha that was me.
    Next time you see me come up to me and I'll spend a couple of hours with ya.:)

9. TOOL

TOOL Independent FT Pumper

Humber Bridge , Barrow-on-Humber in Bomber County
    Club:
    EFTA England
    Practice and more practice but needs to be the right practice, little and often is good but like trumpet polishing

10. markm

markm Member

Club:
    Emley
    :D Sorry Neil I hadn't realised and thank you for your offer
    Regards
    Mark

11. Artfull-Bodger

Artfull-Bodger Member

I always find standers are down to the day, one day your stable and able to hit them with ease, next time your the wobbliest weeble in wobblestown!

12. Doberman1979

Doberman1979 Not so senior member

Club:
    Emley
    Hi

To be fair i usually only score 12 or 13 on sillies so may not be the best person to comment but i found this very useful.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=h11HE5Viuuw

Rgds Simon