Help with Bushnell Elite 8-32x40

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Petay, May 23, 2011.

1. Petay

Petay Member

Hi folks,

looking for anyone who has used the bushy elite 4200 8-32 for FT to give some pointers on how to dial in different ranges with it and how best to set it up

Please PM me if your able (and willing) to help :)

ATB

Pete

2. Jamesy

Jamesy Weerach ninja

Club:
    Pontefract ARC.
    I've used one for FT for donkey's years, not sure if i can be of any help though as i'm not very good with it.:D
    Some find them hard to get on with especially at first as the distances between the 45-55 yard markings can be very close together and the tendency nowadays is to have a half inch gap between them with the huge sidewheel jobby's. Practice is the only way i'm afraid, i find mine to be very accurate at rangefinding and very resiliant to temperature shifting the readings, it works in all weathers and if i read off 47 yards then i know it's 47 yards, i trust it implicitly. But only practice will instil this confidence.
    It's a bog standard spec, 30-30 reticle.:)

3. JerryD

JerryD Member

Club:
    Hereward FT&ARC
    As Jamesy says, hard to learn but reliable. I've just changed from an Elite 6500 4.5-30 back to my 4200 8-32 - but only after getting a mil-dot conversion. Biggest problem is trying to adjust parallax when standing - it's a long reach forward!

The bushy doesn't have much range for adjustment, so it's important to set it up with the turrets in the middle of their range and thenpack the rear turret until you are pretty close on zero at 35yds before you make any adjsutments for elevation on the top turret.

Fit an oversized turret as well: the original "old gold on black" is too small to see. You should get 48 clicks per revolution, and get your 55yd mark at around 5.5 (8 click per major div) from a 35yd zero if ussing tall turrets.

Fit a coaster on the parallax ring to make it a lot easier to dial. The original green distance marks are pretty much spot on but the spacing's too big. I only get about 2mm between 52.5 and 55, but it's repeatable. Only focus onto the target from one direction as well: decide whether to come in from above or below, and then stick to it.

After that it's just practice, practice, practice.

4. JEV

JEV Member

Club:
    Purley Chase FTC
    I have used The 4200 on and off for 3-4 years and agree withall of the above. I use th Sportsmatch one pice adjustable mount to opticaly centre the scope. This is essential or you wil run out of elevation at 55yd.

5. Adam

Adam Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    I have two, a standard duplex ret on my 97K and one fitted with an aftermarket mildot, on my EV2. I find the mildot one harder to range with. I don't know how much of that is just differences between scopes or if the ret change shifted anything. Certainly the green range marks on the standard one are spot one, but they're a couple of yards off on the mildot one. Then again I've not had as much time to learn that scope.

As above for both I use Sportsmatch adjustable mounts to centre them.