Help please, AR20 FT air cylinder seal

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by daiboy, Jan 8, 2015.

1. daiboy

daiboy Banned

anyone know how to change the O ring seal in the AR20 FT air cylinder the seal in the threaded end that screws on to the Regulator

2. Lee67

Lee67 Dink ! ...****'

Club:
    Emley Moor ftc
    Yes, pick out the old one with a long nappy pin, then using a small flat blade screwdriver, push the new Oring down the hole, and proceed to carefully push the Oring into the bottom thread....once done a few times it gets easier...off top of my head it's a 7x2 ? HTH

3. daiboy

daiboy Banned

seal

Thanks for your reply.
    I thought it may have been a strip down job on the empty cylinder, I dont know why the seal has broken up because the cylinder is a custom quick fill and remains in place.

4. Lee67

Lee67 Dink ! ...****'

Club:
    Emley Moor ftc
    That o ring, failed quiet reg on mine, normally during a como, so I gt shut, shame as I enjoyed shooting it

5. daiboy

daiboy Banned

O ring

was your cylinder a quick fill system that remained on the rifle while filling it.
    Can not find the O ring on the web, any idea as to the actual size.

6. hmangphilly

hmangphilly Not quite a full phil

7x2 like lee67 said
    ive got one if you struggle

might be worth checking the condition of the little pip on the reg that fits into the seal, look for scratches , ridges and sharp edges.
    be careful if you lubricate the seal, certain materials dont like some greases etc

careful not to scratch the seating area in the air tube while youre digging the old one out

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  7. daiboy

daiboy Banned

O ring seal

Thanks for the good advise, the old seal came out no problem I just lightly pushed a pin into it and it came out without any resistance,

8. Barry

Barry Member

Club:
    Iceni Marksmen
    I thought the seal on mine was the problem and changed that 'O' ring. I thought the leak had been cured. However, when I sold the gun, the buyer told me it was still leaking :eek:

Very fortunately, he was a thoroughly nice bloke who also knew a thing or two. It turned out to be a leak from the reg!

If you look at the reg on those. It's joined halfway along its length. The guy separated the two halves, resealed and reassembled and all was fine.

If it still leaks after the new 'O' ring. Strip the gun so that the action and air cylinder are out of the aluminium, with the air cylinder attached. Put some soapy water around the joint of the reg, if it bubbles, it leaks.

9. daiboy

daiboy Banned

O ring seal in air cylinder

Thanks for the info
    the seal is at end of life it has a little bit broken off on the inside of it where the regulator intake stem joins the cylinder.