Help Out ?

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by holly, Dec 17, 2010.

1. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    I am always looking to help out my fellow competitors :D and a thought crossed my mind today .possibly Rob and Berty might like to seek sponsership from BACOFOIL . with adverts reading maybe " Don't be a dope , bacofoil your scope " or "if you are gonna march on , bacofoil on" . possibly . " if you are gonna do it ? don't do it without bacofoil protection" i hope that has been a help lads ??? HOLLY:):D

2. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Nice style

Holly,

I like your style honestly, luckily unlike yourself I will only need 1 gun and scope combination to last me.

I dont need to buy in several guns and scopes and try to find the right on for me fella haahaa..

I dont think Ill be needing the Bacofoil, due to intense weather conditions ive tested my scope from -6C to +8c and it has moved half a yard on close distances upto 30 yds and is still bang on after that. Wonder if your Leup's are that good Holly. I doubt it as Ive owned them all and they werent that good fella...

Berty

3. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Berty it is the nut behind the trigger that makes the differnce . ( no bigger nut than me ) but you just know all us lads will be waiting to see if you fall flat on your face with the march ? and then the gloating will start . " i told him he would not get anywhere with that jap crap . should have stuck with the austrian crap . american crap and so on endlessly . pressure is bulding mate . me i am gonna stick with mr lupe . looking forward to it . ??? HOLLY:D

4. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Flat on our face

Fingers crossed Holly, mine wont give me any issues like all my Leup's did hear and there.

fair play mind Rob hasnt done to bad with his March, I think he did win a big comp this year at the old Showdown. They cant be bad really can they for a scope that is new to the circuit.

Only time will tell fella, it seems to be spot on with 12-14 degrees difference from setting up to now. Im sure if they were going to have problems it would have shown me by now. Have a chat to Piemanlarger, he had a go last Sunday and was impressed as he ranged a 55 yarder spot on 3 times. He did mention his Leup didnt do that for him????

Time will tell......

Berty

5. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Just

just penis envy berty . if i was not gonna buy a little camper van next year . believe me i would have one . good luck to you . ( not to much luck ) nah i get a lot of enjoyment from shooting my old rifles . i would like to use em all this year . but i won't win much like that . i will be happy kicking the pie mans ass ??? HOLLY

6. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Now there i disagree, as when Robs Narch shifted in +30 at sywell 100 this year the mk4 was still spot on. You may well be eating your words come the "summer" Berty. If we have one!

The march is very nice, range finds supurbly but is way too heavy and overpriced.

I bet you ask Nat not to throw the turkey foil out lol:D

7. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Thankfully I dont excuses

Maybe Simon,

But I truly doubt it, it didnt do me bad at Nelson the other week did it, 28 and 26 when closest to me was a 23 with lads who have had their set ups running for a while. That was the warmest day that the scope had been out. It hasnt shifted at all thankfully.

The scopes are very expensive but then I am pretty sure the old Leup Mk4 was £1250ish 15+ years ago, so on the grand scheme of things it isnt that far out really. Just shows you never bought a Leup new Simon you tight sod haahaa.....

Berty

8. Jon

Jon Member

Most of the 32's sold were £880, the last of the far better 35's were running well over £1400 plus mounts etc.

At the end of the day no scopes pefect, not even a cheap S&B:D

I do believe March make more than one model of scope so cannot judge all alike, same as Leupolds i never had any trouble with.
    What you are getting with any March scope is pure quality, all individually assembled by one person to finer tolerances than any other producer. 1st to 100th scope will be exactly the same, no good or bad ones will exist or your money back, again cant say that for every other scope producer.

Know what i would rather choose camper van or March scope:shot: Not long now.

9. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Subject ?

On the subject of scopes . Dopper decided he wanted a 20+50 lupe . so got in contact with nick jenkinson and went down to cornwall to get his . then drove home and went round his mate rickys to show him his new scope . ricky loved it and decided he wanted one . so they got back in doppers car and went back down to cornwall and bought another one . how many miles was that from chelmsford i wonder ??? HOLLY

10. NJR 100

Club:
    Haha, there again you are wrong. :D I had one of the first nick prem ret lups in 1990, all set up by the man himself. Wayne sealey and i went and had tea with the man and his family while it was done. Good day out.
    Think the scope (6-20) was £850, but that was 1990. So I guess it was expensive but still not in march terms.
    You only won cause my bolts were loose lol. New stock might be here by Xmas so world domination begins.

I still say the weight of the march would stop me owning one above all else.It really did surprise me when you handed over the gun. No problem for sitting, but that weight would not suit me on the critical standers.

11. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    No problem for sitting, but that weight would not suit me on the critical standers.[/QUOTE]

Yep simon , i would be very critical on your standers ??? HOLLY:):D

12. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    and rob done the sywell 100 as well in very hot conditions,soon as he new wot the scope woz doing no 1 could catch him

13. Mr P

Mr P Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    must stick with my best mate holly rob was luck at the showdown(Lucky he did not shoot against holly) i think i am going to have holly as my adopted Dad and hero. Mr P

14. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Steve if i had had you as a kid ? i would have kept the afterbirth and thrown you away ??? HOLLY:):D

15. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Price comparison

16. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Rifle weight for standers

I still say the weight of the march would stop me owning one above all else.It really did surprise me when you handed over the gun. No problem for sitting, but that weight would not suit me on the critical standers.[/QUOTE]

I have to say you do make me giggle on this,

You say about the weight of the scope etc making it hard work for standing when you have been using the old NJR that even I struggled to shoot standing due to the weight of the thing haahaa...

At the end of it all I can shoot it nicely standing, kneeling and sitting. Got to move the scope back a bit I think though for it to fit me that little bit better but Im happy with it overall weight wise, I knew it would be heavier than the Weaver as the Weaver is a light scope.

Berty

17. NJR 100

Club: