1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help needed

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by bootcy, Jul 19, 2010.

1. bootcy

bootcy New Member

hi guys i wonder if anyone can give me some help, ive got a big nikko on my ev2 and i cant focus lower than 10m, i am told that i can make an adapter to fit the scope but need to no what to buy to make it and where from....... i was told to contact optics warehouse but havnt been able to do so, seems theyve gone awol regs bootcy:(

2. Flannelmeister

Flannelmeister New Member

No need.

If it is closer than 10 yards, set scope for 10 yard setting and come down to 10x magnification.

9 yards will be 1 mildot, 8 will be 2 mildots.

3. bootcy

bootcy New Member

ta for the reply but anythin closer than ten m and i cant focus to see it let alone shoot it or range find it in comps:(

4. DazF

DazF Member

Club:
    Buckley Wood FTC and Oaktree FTC
    You need a Leupold 50 ft adaptor and front flip up cover.

Regards

Daz

5. WHIZZER

WHIZZER Member

i guess, 10 is in focus, 9 is blury, 8 is totally out of focus, i use the mildots as stated above;)

6. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics
    Not an issue if you know your scope well enough;). but if you want the distance in exact inches then go for the adaptor:D. The Nato ret is perfect though without it if studied closely enough, but for some which part of blurr is 8 and which is 9:eek: If its for FT and BFTA ruls, you don't need it.:) Drop the mag to 10

7. bootcy

bootcy New Member

hi matey with the scope ive got a mk 1 even if i drop mag completely you still not able to focus properly at 10m ta for the input though
    regs dave;)

8. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics
    Mine is a mk1 nikko and is crystal clear at 10yrds on full mag (x50). Do you have your scope from new as someone may have been tinkering to re-parralax it for the longer dist ones. You get bigger gaps betweeen 50 and 55 but loose clarity on nthe close ones up to 11yrds.

9. lcp

lcp Member

close focus

Hi Dave, l ordered my close focus adaptor from optics warehouse website last week. it was delivered within 2 days. the close focus adaptor is built into a butler creek but the butler creek size 54 ( l think) which fits the big nikko is no longer made and is very difficult to come by second hand. Hope this helps.
    Greg

10. bootcy

bootcy New Member

adaptor

:confused:thanks greg but i cant seem to contact optic warehouse can you give me their e mail addy or phone no much apreciated if you could
    regs dave

11. bootcy

bootcy New Member

adaptor

;)daz hi matey where did you buy the items you mention in your reply ta for the input
    dave

12. lcp

lcp Member

no contact

Hi Dave, they do not give out an email or phone no you buy throught website.
    Greg