Help for Heroes Snowdon challenge

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by Davejj, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Davejj

Davejj New Member

Hi all

Has it really been a year since myself and Big H shot in a competition, our last comp was the 2009 worlds :eek:

Any way the reason for this post... Myself 3 of Harry's teachers and another parent are climbing Mount Snowdon this coming Monday (12th April) Raising funds for Help for Heroes.
    Conditions up Snowdon are still quite wintery right now so it should be a good challenge.

Some of you will remember that I lost a family member in Afghanistan awhile back and since then I have met some of the lads who have been helped by H4H, we all know what a great job they do.

So far we have raised over £1000 but of course it will be good to raise some more, also the other parent on this challenge works for BP and they have said that they will match whatever the total is that we raise.

I know we are always being asked to donate to various things and I understand that things are tight these days, but if anyone would like to donate to our challenge follow this link to donate online.
    http://www.justgiving.com/Passmores2010climbmountsnowdonchallenge

Cheers all
    Dave

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  2. w-v-m

w-v-m Member

Club:
    Missed it's
    Snowdon

Good luck Dave,

PM me your address, I'll pop something in an envelope.

Wayne

3. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Nice one Dave.....and say hi to H for me:D

Will pop some cash in when i've a quiet moment at work.:D

4. Davejj

Davejj New Member

Thanks guys.... :)

We did the climb yesterday, I have just got home today (we stayed a day to celebrate hic')

it was a great day the weather was with us and the sun was shining so we had clear views even at the top. There was still a little snow at the top which made the last section of the climb interesting :eek:

We have so far collected just over £1600 with some more to still come in, and as I said before BP will be matching us pound for pound so we could make £3500 which is excellent.

Thanks again for your donations.

http://www.justgiving.com/Passmores2010climbmountsnowdonchallenge

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  5. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

Cracking stuff Dave:cool: and a very worthy cause. Hope to see you and H sometime soon to wet a line as well :)

6. Andy006

Andy006 Member

Well done Dave. Isn't the scenery the best? I love it in Snowdonia. I was there myself last week. Me and a couple of work colleagues climbed Tryfan and the two Glyders in one day (we camped at the bottom of Tryfan). Hard going but worth it. I did Snowdon 3 weeks ago whilst visiting relatives in the area. We too had snow at the tops (in fact we had some in the middle too.):) Anyway good on yer for getting out there and doing it for a very worthwhile cause.

ps, how good does it feel to reach a summit? One of the best feelings going.

7. Davejj

Davejj New Member

Cheers mate... and yes... we need a good weekend away fishing mate, will be in touch

8. Davejj

Davejj New Member

Yes it was great to get to the top, we climbed via the Pyg track... cracking day. I aslo did Pen-y-fan horseshoe in Feb, snow up to my knees but again a great feeling.

Just have to do the highest is England and Scotland now :)