Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by rmwesley, Dec 4, 2018.

1. rmwesley

rmwesley New Member

I realise I just made my first post without introducing myself, so apologies and here goes.

Bought a secondhand, but mint, HW100T about a year ago and living fairly close to Bisley / BFTO try to get up there once a week to punch paper, shoot the targets / silhouettes etc. I've also got a FAS 6004 and a pimped up Crosman 6300S for a bit of 6m / 10m target shooting.

Toyed with HFT but fairly sure it's not for me. Benchrest though... I like the idea. Not sure my kit is cut out for it, but not going to let that get in the way of progress at the moment. Scope is far from ideal (MTC Viper Connect) but it hasn't stopped me getting 9s, 10s and 10xs fairly regularly @ 25m. Shooting off a bipod also instead of a heavyweight fixed front rest. At the moment trying to concentrate on trigger technique and breathing.

One thing I have found is there isn't a huge amount to read up about benchrest, if compared to HFT or FT, so any advice received on here will be gratefully received. Any advice on a first foray into a benchrest scope especially. Got a buddy who has got a *lot* of scopes so tried a few out including Aztecs, various Hawke and MTC but at the moment I don't really know enough to determine good from bad, or what I should be looking for.

All the best,
    Richard

2. Martin D

Martin D New Member

Welcome Richard. I too would appreciate any information/advice regarding benchrest. Cheers

3. Ash Bailey

Ash Bailey Herder of delinquent cats.

Club:
    Parkstone GC, Glevum, Nomads HFT.
    Welcome Richard!

Enjoy Shooting the Breeze buddy.

Stay safe.

Ash

4. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Welcome Richard, I'm sure one of our BR shooters will be along soon.

5. Phil Kennett

Phil Kennett Member

Club:
    SARC - MAD
    Hi and welcome

I shoot BR informally, however it is becoming rather addictive. Curently using a S400, HFT500 but soon will be trying a 9015. Then along will come a weaver or sightron
    There is some good info in the BR section so would advise to keep checking in there.

6. rmwesley

rmwesley New Member

Thanks all :D