Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by leigh3594, Nov 30, 2015.

1. leigh3594

leigh3594 New Member

Club:
    None as of yet
    Hi everyone,

My name is Leigh and I've only just registered on here. I've always been into guns but never really had the opportunity or the money until a few months ago. I managed to buy myself a Remington 1911 pistol which I love! I also bought a cheap revolver style pistol which is cool too.

I'm looking to get into rifles quite soon but I have no idea what I want or what to get to start with. If you have any advice I'd be grateful. I know next to nothing about guns so get ready for lots of questions!

Cheers

Leigh

2. Ratinator

Ratinator 77.74

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Welcome aboard

Welcome to the forum , where in the midlands are you?
    This will help people to push you in the direction of your local club, where you will get the best advice for your chosen pursuit .
    Simon

3. Mildot

Mildot New Member

Club:
    Anston FTC
    Greetings & Welcomes.

As Simon says, once you know where your nearest club/shoot is, get thi'sen down there and you'll get plenty of tips and advice. DO NOT go spending until you know what discipline you would like to shoot and have had the opportunity to try some hardware. Air rifles are fit > function.

/Danny

4. Darron

Darron Trainee Dwarf Slayer

Club:
    Millride FTC
    Hi Leigh and welcome. :D

Millride FTC is the club for you regardless of where you live iin the Midlands just google Millride FTC. you will get a warm welcome.

5. leigh3594

leigh3594 New Member

Club:
    None as of yet
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I live in Bedworth if you are familiar? Its just outside Coventry.

I've been to a local range a few times called The Greyhound with a some mates of mine but I'm not a member as such. I've had a go with a few target rifles - stuff like a HW100 if I've got that right? It felt okay but I'm more interested in rifles that resemble real guns if I'm honest. I'm not really looking for anything serious just something that looks cool, easy to shoot and is appropriate for someone looking for a bit of fun really.

Leigh