Hello from South Wales

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Garry_C, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Garry_C

Garry_C New Member

Hi everyone

Just joined and am from Abergavenny in South Wales. Total beginner but looking to have a go at some target shooting - absolutely nothing live

I found my old air rifle yesterday, its not been fired for 46 / 47 years - has 'NAT Commando ASI High Velocity' written on it - and it seems to work perfectly. I thought I would put a very cheap scope on it and see where I go from there. I was able to hit beer cans yesterday at a measured 40 metres (no scope) and it was going straight through both sides so hoping I can use it to at least practice with for a while before spending on some new kit.

Its a bit late notice I guess but I've read somewhere that Blaina Gwent air gun club has a shoot in some fields on a Sunday close to Crumlin so I was thinking of popping along to say hello and hopefully a look around.. Anyone on here going today?

Cheers

Garry

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  2. sportsmatch

sportsmatch Member

Club:
    Quarry Rifles
    Maybe some there but think they will be at Nelson winter series shoot today

3. Garry_C

Garry_C New Member

Ok thanks. I'll maybe take a drive over this afternoon just in case, and try again next weekend..

4. BDL

BDL Dangerous

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    There is usually someone about most Sundays There will be a club night Tuesday the lucky retired usually get thereby about 1500hrs and we leave when it's dark :). If you're about pop over

Bri

5. Bury more

Bury more Member

Club:
    B/Gwent
    B/G

A Good choice Garry
    We have a club comp next Sunday so most of the active members will be about.

Stu

6. Garry_C

Garry_C New Member

Thanks Bri. I did pop over this afternoon and met a few people, sorry I've not remembered all the names but had lots of great advice from David, John and Jim? - and even had a shoot with their guns which was brilliant..!

I'll be back soon..!

edit: and thanks Stu, I'm going to see if I can come over and have a look..

Cheers

Garry

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015