Hello all...

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Andy P, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Andy P

Andy P Gently does it......

Club:
    Mid Shires Marksmen / Hereward FT & ARC
    Hi All.!!

I just joined the site today and i hope in the next few weeks i can pick up some tips & tricks in FT from you seniors.

I,m a member of a local club "Mid Shire Marksmen" and am planning to take part in my first proper FT league competition this Sunday, the Fenland FTA Winter League.

Anyway i just wanted to say hi......

Andy

2. Daztilley

Daztilley New Member

Club:
    Scotia
    Hi and welcome to STB mate :D

Daz

3. Corvids

Corvids Member

Club:
    Bolton Gun Club
    Welcome to STB bud.
    I don't shoot competitively, but I enjoy the site and it's tips etc very much.

:shot:

4. TonyF

TonyF SWEFTA FT Champion 2006

Club:
    Mendip, East Devon, Avon Hawks and Oaktree.
    Welcome aboard and all the best for your first proper FT shoot this Sunday. :)

5. Shaun

Shaun Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Harriers
    Welcome Andy and good luck on Sunday

Main objective = have fun :)

Shaun

6. markm

markm Member

Club:
    Emley
    Hi Andy

I shot my first competition 2 weeks ago and really enjoyed it

Couple of tips I learnt on my first shoot

Don't rush your shot when people are waiting behind you

Let your shooting partners know it is your first competition as they will pass on little hints and tips

Most of all as said by others enjoy yourself and don't worry about your score

Best of luck

7. Strokebloke

Strokebloke Mk3 Fanatic

Club:
    SYWELL NTSC : FT : Greyhound : Kibworth
    Andy, make sure that you have a chat with Phil Hollis.
    He'll look after you. Great guy and a good shot too.
    He will be shooting the Fenlands WL on Sunday :)

8. Andy P

Andy P Gently does it......

Club:
    Mid Shires Marksmen / Hereward FT & ARC
    Thank you all for your comments and advice, unfortunately things didn't go according to plan for me.

The Saturday before the event I was at the club shooting very well at the plinking, missing only just a few with first shot. I was very happy with my setup it was going perfect. With high hopes for a good score the following day with winds predicted to be the same I finished the days shooting on a high. I refilled my AA S400f and went home for an afternoons cleaning ready for the next day.

I got home place my gun in my homemade rifle stand cleaned it and left it there ready to put away after first some welcoming dinner, picked up my dinner the wife had made walked into the dining room when i heard this very loud hissing noise...! It was a seal that had blown on the end of the filler and tank. I hadn't over filled it, I can only put it down to heat differences from being filled outside being brought into rest in a very warm kitchen. Luckily I had ordered a complete set of seals ready for days like this at hand.

Anyway I replaced the old seal with a new one but as I did I accidentally turned the barrel slightly which meant it was now not zeroed.
    Next day the day of the event I quickly filled up with air and tried it plinking and just as I thought it was way way out of zero.! I tried my best in the time I had to zero in but to be honest I was very happy with the setup I had the day previous.
    I got to say a big thank you to one bloke that was there at the club I have only every seen once before briefly who offered me use of his spare PCP if mine failed to work out and his name is Phil.. As "Strokebloke" mention a great guy that will look after you "Phil Hollis"
    Thanks Phil.!
    Anyway I didn't take Phil up on his offer as I wanted to go round with mine which I did. I didn't score as good as I'd hoped only scoring a miserable 10 but I had a great day and look forward to the next.

Thanks again to all for help and advice.

Andy P

9. barrycheese

barrycheese New Member

Club:
    Redfern FT
    Welcome Andy

Andy, :) a big Welcome from a newbie like you. You will find the forum very helpful.great to have you on board. :)