Hawke Air max 8 X 32 field target scope with AMX reticle

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Grenade, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Grenade

Grenade New Member

Does anyone have any experience with the above scope? I need something just to get me started. I can't afford a higher end scope till later on this summer, so I thought this might do me till then.

J

2. springer34

springer34 anschutz 9003

hey as long as you can hit the target thats fine just have fun in your first year set the scope sitting down on your cushion and spend time zeroing your scope getting your markings spot on, grab a mate and pratice down your club of course its no top end scope at some point you may able to do a part ex and abit of cash on top for something better just improve slowly till you get something your happy with it doesnt have to break the bank gl.

3. Yorkshiretea

Yorkshiretea B Grade Bandit

Club:
    Anston FTC
    Personally I'd save another £150 and get a secondhand Big Nikko or spend the same money on a Falcon T50, both will be more useful than the Hawke and suit FT better. It's hard when you are starting out but less frustrating if you get the right gear for the job.

4. Grenade

Grenade New Member

unfortunately, used Nikkos are scarcer then hens teeth in Canada and a Falcon T50 is another $300+ more.
    As you said, I'll plop the Hawke onto the FTP and start playing with the kit...once the weather gets just a bit warmer. I found inserting pellets into the breach of the FTP almost impossible with gloves on.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Junaid

5. killen

killen Senior Member

Club:
    Millride
    Sell the FTP and the scope and get a less expensive rifle with a more expensive scope, with the same money.
    8 x 32 is for hunting.

6. Steviek

Steviek Member

Club:
    Redfearn FTC
    I reckon the OP means an 8-32x?? as if its an Airmax with a AMX reticle it'll be one of the new Airmax SF scopes. If so, they're ok.I had one but decided to trade it in for a T50.

Could be wrong tho....

7. pirellip

pirellip Member

Junaid,

I suggest you put at WTB on the CAFTA website, www.ftcentral.com We're a good group, and often guys will have scopes that they're not using, but not actively selling, but if you ask, they just might..