Have i missed the pics ?

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by holly, Feb 25, 2014.

1. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Have i missed the pics of the new kneeling position's ? or has it not been posted yet ??? HOLLY:)

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    It's with the comp sec for review who has made some comments which I am updating this week.

3. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Think

I think rob there are some like me who are waiting to see if the kneeling positions chosen are possible in their cases . before deciding whether to do open or the normal class next year . obviously practice would be required and time is running short . the knee on the bag is out for me as i started with this position in FT and by the time it came for the second shot . the only thing of interest was the pain in my foot . so the second position is what interest me . ??? HOLLY:)

PS possibly a demo and an explanation at the briefing sunday from your good self ?

4. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    It's quite simple, if you need ankle support, use the bag. Use a corner of it under your ankle ensuring the knee contacts the ground and that your bum or thigh isn't touching the bag.

If that isn't possible then use the bag to protect the knee and support the whole shin and ankle, again the bag not making contact with the thigh or bum.

If that isn't possible you don't need to use a bag at all but a knee pad may help the knee and good sturdy boots help with the ankle support.

If that isn't an option then standing is of course available, you'll still be in the graded class.

If none of the above isn't an option then the open class is the best option.

Oh yes, leading hand and wrist are unsupported.

5. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Good

Good but a picture takes the place of a thousand words . be interesting to see how it turns out . two extra marshals needed per comp . hard enough to get one for the chrono ??? HOLLY:):)