Happy Christmas from Gary Cane - To me!

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by NJR 100, Dec 23, 2010.

1. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Got my Xmas present a couple of days early this lunch time in the Gary Cane Stock i ordered turned up.

Its not really seemed like that long a wait, think i ordered end of Sept and was initially told beginning of december. But, cant fault the updates as to a slight production deley and here it is.

Initial thaught as I picked it out of the packing was its heavier than i was expecting. I thaught Lamninate was light?
    Hang about, I will get a stamp and write on the back all i know about stock making.:D

Anyway, action fitted straight in and the black Ev2 action lookes good in it. I was thinking that a Red Ev2 might suit it better? Might still end up with that before 2011 is out?

Not sure I will stick with the supplied adjusters for cheeckpiece and foreend. These are a bit big for my liking so may be looking at Knobman to make a matching pair as with the System Gemini adjusters.

Of course its too cold to go out and play so just tried it standing out the back and got no 1 son to take the pics.
    Standing seems on a par with my NJr, nice and steady but only for a couple of shots. Balance seems ok, but not making a confiormed judgement until its been shot around a course.
    Did a few dry fires and seems as if the trigger neeeds to come back 2-3 ml.

One thing that was noticable was with gary's suggestion about having the but hook at an angle as apposed to verticle, the system Gemini now needs adjusting. That could take weeks lol!

I half expeceted a glossy finish to it but its more lustre. I like the coulours though of Red, grey and wood!

Think a session Boxing Day is needed to see how it is in action!

Overall, I like it :D

White balance is off in pics 1+2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Magic Bus

Magic Bus New Member

Club:
    Cromer Air Rifle Club
    Oh yeah, I do like that! Enjoy :)

3. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Looking good fella

Simon,

Glad you finally got your stock fella, firstly so Tosh can have his stock back and then of course you cant have anymore excuses to tell haahaa.

Be good to see you up Nelson with the new brute for us to have a look and go of course.

It does look nice fair play, did cost you a pretty penny mind but I am sure it will be sorth it. I remember my old Cane stock from back in 97 and that was stunning to use. Sadly I sold it on as I changed my kit etc...

Berty

4. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    What you mean, this new stock is another chapter of excuses as to how to miss with an ev2!

Looking to get out boxing day and point it at some targets and then see how it goes next Thursday at Nelson.

5. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Should be good

Looking to get out boxing day and point it at some targets and then see how it goes next Thursday at Nelson.[/QUOTE]

Simon,

Should be a good day out for everyone.

Be good to have a load of the lads over from Quarry if they can make it for the hft that Gareth is setting up.

I will be having a go at setting up an ft course, its been a while now as jack has become the new technical officer in the club haahaa...

Berty

6. Woody

Woody The Chaser!

Club:
    Bisley, Member of the Ostler Air stripper club of GB!
    Very nice

Very nice Simon, it looks the business!

7. Mr P

Mr P Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    Hi Si a way to cut down on the misses then would be to give the stock to me then you would not feel quite so bad when you miss.Have a good one see you next year Mr P

8. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Nice stock

Simon,

having looked at the stock a bit more, it has some lovely details on it. really like the old palm shelf etc, I had the same on mine.

Looking at the length I thought you might have had the stock a bit longer. It looks like it is about the same length as a standard stock? Just me asking thats all??

Damn nice bit if wiid though fella......

Berty

9. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    Looks a cracking job there Simon, cant wait to see what it looks like in the flesh, nice one. :)

10. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Nice stock Simon, pity about the owner!:p

11. Jon

Jon Member

Nice well made stocks if you like the feel of them.
    Certainly looks short whether you hold at forend is a different matter.

Know what you mean Conor they'll let anyone have that Jacaranda, its becomming quite common.
    The woods heavy took all the inside out of mine in a rage and thinned as much as i dare approx, now around 13lb all up. Was quite useable over 21lb and must finish it off one day.

Got to get used to it now.

12. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Walnut ?

It is walnut that is lightest . laminate is one of the heaviest . i do like beating a man with a posh outfit ??? HOLLY PS time to ditch the old shooting jacket methinks .

13. mikewills8904

mikewills8904 walthers last the course

Club:
    oaktree ftc and tondu ftc
    stock

very nice simon . gald you are happy with it .

we shall give the new stocks a blast on monday

see you there

14. Jon

Jon Member

:D I went through that stage for over 14 years Holls total cost of gun £85 to make, then decided to lash out 5 years ago. Does provide some entertainment.

15. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    When i got my john welham stocked GC2 . well , well that was it wern't it . well actually no . first time out on a course at the old springfield club . i was paired up with big beryl . she thrashed my ass all the way around the course , with her bog standard daystate . ah well back to the drawing board ??? HOLLY