Hancox interview by Airgun Shooter Magazine

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by RobF, May 23, 2013.

1. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
  2. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Stu

Couple of bit's on STU . one time at Otmoor's ground . stu is in a shoot off for first place , the fella says to him , shall we toss up for it . no say's stu if we toss up for it i could lose . he won it on a 50 yard stander .
    I am shooting with him , again at otmoor in a GP . he was clear on the sitters and kneelers but was so supprised i think that i hit all my standers that he missed three of em . finished on 47 . anyway to show how the old farts brain works . we got to a lane edging out onto a field , you could see the corn waving in the field with the wind going right to left . i am shooting first , gives it a pellet mark on the right about an inch out . goes straight there . gets up says to stu , you won't get that one .oi will he says , oi will bet you £50 i get it says he . well if i had £50 i would have , but no . he takes the shot and down it went . i asked as you do , how did you know it would take no wind ? he said that pellet mark was a group not a single shot . all the shooters in front had shot the same place . so i shot in the middle . there you go . ??? HOLLY:)

3. mr dink

mr dink Member

Club:
    oldham
    Thank,s for posting Rob ,I shot with Stu at Tawd some year,s ago ,we got to one target and after i missed it he said to me that target is more than 55 ,I said how do you know he said look at the quality of the shooter,s in front of us and they have gone low ,he set his for 55 and aimed high and down it went .he is also a very honest and sporting guy,there was a under age shooter with us and his mum was marking all the card,s she marked him down for a hit on a target he missed but no one noticed till he checked the cards at the end and had a marshal knock a point off his card ,he would have had a clear round as well ,Top bloke .

4. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Yep Stu has talent, nice party trick he does on the plinking range (after he's fired a pellet sandwiched between two felts which sounds like a rimfire using HV rounds), is to have someone else pull his trigger whilst he's holds the gun, standing, shooting at a 55yrd target!

5. ratcatcher

ratcatcher New Member

Club:
    Duchy & Buckley wood.
    respect

Never met him but he sounds like a top bloke , I like the way he thinks and share some of his views
    great interview.