Hamsters, cheek pieces and grips

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Barry, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Barry

Barry Member

Club:
    Iceni Marksmen
    I'm considering replacing the plastic bits on my AR 20 with wooden 'Spectraply' bits a'la Steyr. I've sourced a supply of the right sized blanks at 3"x 3"x 11" and I believe two pieces that size will be needed for one gun. However, shipping costs are horrendous at $60.00

The supplier can ship four pieces for $60.00..........Is anyone up for the other two to enable sharing the cost?

The Spectraply is $14.00 per piece so I've got a total of around £72.00 shipped for four pieces, plus whatever duty HM sticks on it.

You would then of course, have to make yer own bits, you can choose what colour you want your blanks. There's a colour thing here http://www.cousineauwoodproducts.com/store.php?category=spectraply

Anyone?

Cheers
    Barry

2. Jinx

Jinx Non member

As far as i know Barry there are a few guys on here that can knock the parts you want up in any colour/flavour you like mate !:)

Stevie.

3. Barry

Barry Member

Club:
    Iceni Marksmen
    I dare say there are Stevie, expensive though. There's a Steyr set for sale on here, however, I intend to keep modification costs as low as possible. It's not a dear gun, it ain't getting dear woodwork ;)

4. Jinx

Jinx Non member

Lol
    Yea they are not costly now to be sure, good though.
    I do know what you mean though, thought about changing mine but to be honest, it would be cosmetic. The ones on it are perfectly up to the task.
    I'm putting a few quid into mine but its going in via a new cheek piece, stem and butt hook from the very talented Norris.
    Think lofty and Lee are doing the same.
    Keeping the silencer on mine too.
    Not very FT I know, but I like it and it looks not too bad fitted.