Hammerli AR20FT

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by RAIDER, Sep 17, 2010.

1. RAIDER

RAIDER Member

Club:
    East Devon FTC
    has any one who owns a HAMMERLI AR20FT taken the bull by the horns and tried to remove the ally casting that surrounds the action and barrel. idea being reduction of weight, or remove some or part of the casting.

RAIDER.

jimmer

2. rick

rick Member

It weighs next to nothing, whatever it is made off is very light. The weight is in the cylinder it needs an ali tube.

3. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

Club:
    EAST DEVON FTC
    Jerry already has a titanium cylinder on his.......:)

4. skipper

skipper New Member

I had a go of one today, to be honest id need to add weight(in the right places) way too light for me. Especially for standers

5. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

Not everyone is as buff as you though mate :D:D I've had a couple of goes with one and have felt better balanced and lighter 5 bar gates :D:D

6. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
  7. ian77efc

ian77efc New Member

hi raider

i have recently got the ar20ft was a bit heavy , i though used 3 spaces on the hand rail which allows your elbow to sit on your waste it takes all the weight an makes for accurate shooting , have you thought of getting the shroud rifled ? i got mine done by a gunsmith so i can use a silencer the falcon silencer is the one that works it looks really smart an very quiet.

8. ian77efc

ian77efc New Member

try an alloy air cylinder

wont make a lot of difference but you would be better getting used to the balance of the ar20 i promise once you do you will shoot very well .do u do hft or ft ? what scope r u useing im swapping the walther for a viper 3x14-44 scb should do me well for hft but i will get a bigger scope for ft the 8x32-60 viper i love the reticle on them an there great and accurate for range finding all the best raider i allready love my hammerli ar 20 ft its a smart rifle