Hammerli AR20FT

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by RAIDER, Jul 16, 2010.

1. RAIDER

RAIDER Member

Club:
    East Devon FTC
    picked up my hammerli ar20ft today from sportsman exeter. What can i say, to start with it has a 300bar fill so loads of shots. I fitted a bsa 10-50x60 no problems at as scope rail included. Power was right on the money 11.7 ft/lbs with jsb 8.44. Trigger very crisp at the let off point but i have not fine tuned yet.
    Stock more or less like the steyr but not quite so much adjustments but very good. To shoot if i shut my eyes i would think i was shooting my lg110 very quick action.( ok missed again i know )

the only down side i can see from my view is the ambi cocking set up is a little stiff but im sure it will get better.
    Constant on chrono over 40 shots 3-5 ft/s nothing.

I would rate this rifle taking in consideration the price £644 as 95/100 maybe more at this moment..will the rating stay there who knows.

What can you get regged by walther and their barrel for the money?

Regards raider.

Big test saturday at e.d.f.t.c

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  2. TourneySteve

TourneySteve New Member

Club:
    Midshires
    Nice little review Raider, I'm thinking of getting one of these in a couple of weeks, so this is very helpful :D

3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Jimmer, you doing the ED GP? Shooting it there?

4. RAIDER

RAIDER Member

Club:
    East Devon FTC
    yes rob i'll be at gp7 so if anyone wants a go they are welcome.

raider.

5. RobF

Club:
    cool ... should be a good one :D

6. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

Club:
    EAST DEVON FTC
    See you tomorrow Jerry.

Chris

7. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Hammerli

Well I will have to have a look, be rude not to eh.......

Berty

8. RobF

Club:
    you can look, but not touch AA boy :p:D

9. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

Club:
    EAST DEVON FTC
    Jerry kindly let me shoot his AR20 today, I must say I was impressed with it out of the box as it is, Now Jerry won't mind me saying its built to a price but thats only on the ABS butt stock, ABS knee rest which comes with spacers to increase depth if required and the alloy extrustion which covers the barrel and air cylinder the extrusion has a rail for accesories underneath. The breach block is alloy with a steyr like weaver scope rail on top as standard again. The quality and finish of the action is of a high standard, The trigger has a nice release but for me the 1st stage is a little long but looks easy to adjust if your used to the walther trigger adjustment method. The ABS stock has many adjustments and the length is again adjusted by use of spacers and is fully ambi so good for us left handers. Shooting the AR It feels very dead , no flip no drama just a nice smooth action. Suprisingly the rifle does feel heavy compared to a Pro-target that was also at the club but i put that down to the 300Bar cylinder it comes with and if your used to walther weight should not be an issue, The AR also comes with some weights so you can add to the stock to get the balance correct.. On the whole i was impressed with the rifle, may not be to everyone taste on finish but at £644 you can't really go wrong plus at that price you could spend abit on a Gary cane custom stock and still be under the second hand value of say a walther or steyr.

10. RAIDER

RAIDER Member

Club:
    East Devon FTC
    Well you have read what chris has to say and on the whole the rifle acted as i thought it would. putting the scope on was the biggest problem as i think there's a slight slope on the rail and i had to pack the front where it is usualy the rear. any way all sorted and on our range with an 1" of wind down they went.
    i have read about the so called plastic part , yes there's abs hard plastic stuff but so what. where it matters is either ally or steel. i think chris was very suprised to the dead movement on the ar20 and after a few shots knocked out the centre of targets.
    sunday will again be a test as i have increased the stock length by 20mm to give a longer trigger pull.the other 6 spacers i have used on the knee rest using the long screws supplied, in all 3 sets of screws for knee and butt adjustment. i filled the 300 bar tube to 250 and i guessed i had about 150 shots down to about 110bar. and filling was easy quicker than when my steyr was filled that way.
    a call from the sportsman in exeter said all 12 they had in have now gone.

raider

JUST REMEMBER VARIOUS THING HAVE BEEN THE ANSWER TO SHOOTING, SO IM NOT PROMOTING THIS AS THE ANSWER THERE ARE BOUND TO BE PROBLEMS SOME WHERE.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  11. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    Great review guys, watching this thread with interest. Know at least one of the midlands lads has got one on order. Can't wait to see it in the flesh.

12. w-v-m

w-v-m Member

Club:
    Missed it's
    One shot today with Evan Groves new one,
    couldn't see the ret properly, but promptly dropped the 35yd free stander at UKA rnd 5 at MAD ,
    for the 2nd time:D.
    Must be better than my mk3ftr then;)

Thanks Evan.

Wayne

13. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

I shot that one today as well, what a nice bit of kit. I was most impressed with it. Would not mind one of those as it goes.

LAity