Ham. AR20FT- only 6 are incoming to NSRA shop..

Discussion in 'Walther' started by JasonGoldsmith66, Apr 13, 2010.

1. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    RESERVE YOUR GUN ...if you want one !

FYI...from Peter Bates (Official Agent) for Walther-

" I am still waiting for Walther to answer all my questions on this rifle, I have 12 on order, 6 x FT versions and 6 x Match.

Prices will be available shortly."

:D

2. rubi-tong

rubi-tong Bernies MY *****

Im interested but ARE THEY REGULATED? it does'nt say anywhere that there are!

And a price (a real price) would help, Looks a really nice rifle though. Does the 300bar system need to filled to 300bar or could I fill to 220(ish) and still have a reasonable shot count?

Any info on the above would be welcome, Mark

3. rubi-tong

Just rang the shop at Bisley and they say the recommended retail price for these is £675, they are not sure if that price is inclusive of VAT or plus.

So it's either £675 inc and a Bargain
    OR
    £793 inc VAT @ 17.5% and (if reg'd with a dommi reg) still a bargain.

Told me to ring back in a few days and he should know the definate price and also if their reg'd or not.
    Can't wait.

4. JEV

JEV Member

Club:
    Purley Chase FTC

Interesting, these are on sale in Europe at Euroshooting for 629 Euros for 16J version with no scope.

Is this another case of rip off Britain, £175 extra for the same gun.

5. rubi-tong

£118 difference but im in agreement with you, still tempted though!

6. JEV

JEV Member

Club:
    Purley Chase FTC
    As from 30th May, Surrey guns are the official Walther importer. This maty explain why the NSRA only have 6 coming in mid May.

Better 'introductory' deals may be available at Surrey guns according to their litrature. Interesting to note they are offering Dominators in 16J at £1650.

7. Richard Shaw

Richard Shaw It was windy....

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Walther Importer

I have just spoken to Peter Bates of BSW regarding the distibution of Walther goods. He has also discussed the current situation with Peter Friend of Surrey Guns.

BSW remain the sole UK importer for Walther products. Surrey Guns are indeed a factory approved agent but all guns sold still have to be imported via BSW.

Peter Bates has asked that if any anyone has any queries regarding Walther products, could they please contact him directly on 01483 485590.

8. JEV

JEV Member

Club:
    Purley Chase FTC

Watch this space!

9. windchime1

windchime1 New Member

Walther Importer

I have heard that Bob welch is also a main importer ? is this true and recently heard on the grapevine that walther Dominators were not available now as a pal of mine tried to get one from BSW and was told as much but he then contacted Surrey Guns and took delivery last week, and Ive seen it in the flesh ?

HELP very confused

10. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

I'm sure Peter Bates can correct me if I get this wrong but this is what I've been told

Walther used their last six LG300 Dominator breech blocks on the last 6 black Alutecs that were shipped to BSW about 6-8weeks ago, I'm pretty sure they have all been sold. Walther may have since discovered a few more breech blocks as I know they discovered 2 or 3 old ex demo rifles in the back of a store room.

Due to the cost & the fact that Walther need to have manufactured 200+ Dominator breech blocks which they might take 2-3 years to sell they have decided not to make the LG300 using the Dominator breech anymore.

What they are considering is the production of a 12ft/lbs LG300 utilising their existing 10m breech block.

11. windchime1

windchime1 New Member

Walthers available

All,

I must have a midas touch at 9.10am I became the owner of a new LG300 Dominator :shot:

guess where I got it Surrey Guns and a decent Optimate scope Happy Days:)

12. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

What's the serial number on it ???

Is it the style of block that they have just run out of or the much older version ???

13. JEV

JEV Member

Club:
    Purley Chase FTC
    Hope you enjoy the gun, do you know if it has the same breech block as older Dominators.