H&N > FT Pellets- Your Ratings/opinions Vs. JSB

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by JasonGoldsmith66, Mar 19, 2010.

1. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
  2. big_phil555

big_phil555 New Member

when I tested FTT's in my barrels (FWB and Steyr), they grouped as well as the JSB's and my favourite the RWS's. The POI was about 20mm different at 25m indoors (high and right if I remember).

I would be happy to use them and reset my clicks, but I do not use them as my local gunshop supplies RWS Superfields to me at a cheaper price.

If they suit your barrel why not - just make sure you can get them at a reasonable price.

ATB

Phil

3. luger

luger Malta's GOS!!!

Club:
    Malta Allied Airgunners Club
    I used them in my HW97k and must say thay are as accurate as JSB's. Only switxhed to JSB's as thay are slightly lighter, giving me more fps and flatter trajectory.

The FTT hit about 1" lower and to the right compared to the JSB's but accuracy wise both excellent pellets.

1 advantage the FTT pellet has over the JSB is that it's a hard lead pellet so will not deform so easily as the JSB's do. 1 disadvantge of the FTT pellet is that it's more expensive than JSB's over here in Malta.

4. stillwater

stillwater Well-Known Member

Club:
    KSG, Misfits
    Just weighed up a tin of these and although the official weight is 8.66gn, out of the tin of 500 only 66 pellets weighed 8.66gn, the lightest weighing 8.58 and the heaviest being 8.95, remainder seemed to be either 8.78 or 8.84. Been using them for over a year and never seen this variation before hopefully could explain my flyers:eek:

5. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    they were ok in my guns, but no good if you like hitting things!

No point in using them while mozzies and Jsb are about.

6. luger

luger Malta's GOS!!!

Club:
    Malta Allied Airgunners Club
    When I wieghed mine, most pellets wieghed 8.8grns but mine where an old batch so quality could have diminished now and this might explain the discrepancies you found in your tin.