Gunstock duplicating machinery

Discussion in 'Useful Links' started by JasonGoldsmith66, Aug 24, 2011.

1. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    As a FYI reference/education...

Interesting for wanting to clone, say the latest Walther LG300 stock, in a wood, or another laminate colour of your choice to 99.99% accuracy..

http://www.wood-carver.com/gunstock.html

http://www.gunstockduplicating.com/

...that opens up a whole new range of colour custom rifles...I reckon.

Eg: Walther LG300 laminates , in these 2 colours, indistinguishable from the OEM factory stock...(It also helps to have from Walther those aluminium logo plaquettes to stick on ...which I do :D)

The blue, grey, pink, I would fit a 9003 S2 Anschutz action :D

Attached Files:

2. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

It's what Paul Wilson uses I believe.;)

3. spartan

spartan Member

Stock duplicators are ok for the rough shaping the outside, totally useless for inletting, to much flex in the patterns to do accurate inletting, take a look at the one he is doing its all over the place, much better inleting on a milling machine, then doing the rough shaping on the duplicator making sure the pattern is supported as solid as possible to stop the pattern from flexing and bouncing then causing the cutter to dig in, also the gemini duplicating head only moves in a arc which is not the best when inletting or drilling locating holes, infact its useless for accurate inletting, unless your pattern is perfectly vertical which takes some doing, it only needs to be thous out and the inletting will be wrong, much better machines available for doing inletting and shaping

4. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Cheers for sharing the knowledge...actually very interesting to read what you say..wasnt advocating the Gemini brand or anything...was just surprised to actually to see the gizmo machine in action...am not planning either on ever becoming a stock maker...but might consider it in say, on my 65th retirement birthday ! :D

5. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    The bit about becoming a stock maker, its dusty dirty work and some times you may get a spec of dust on a action . The Job may not suit you.:p

6. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    At 65, methinks I will have a workshop like a Swiss pharmaceutical or Intel chip dust proof fabrication room, IF I fancy going down this route...but I doubt it... since I hope to be shooting at long last at some FT comps., or failing that...admiring some damn expensive bloody paperweights...only to be flogged at auction to the highest bidder due to their bling bling pristine condition :D