Guns , guns and more guns

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Kingplinker, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

Hi all

I have had my fair share of airguns including semi auto .22's , fast fire military looking plinkers ,chinese break barrels , expensive 10m target pistols , springers , pre charged , break barrel , underlevers , pump up pnematics ....... jeez the list is endless . :eek: Sadly most have been sold on as it seemed daft to have so many guns laying idle when I have two kids to feed and clothe :D:D:D

I now have a few fairly unique guns but will soon have just the one springer , one PCP and a couple of fun guns one of which is a AK47 bb gun that I bought on the day of the ban so its probably worth hanging onto . :cool:

How many of you had a hoard or airguns that you decided to downsize ? I know a lot of people still have immence collections but personally I was worried about the way in which our sport was being portrayed so I decided to sell them off rather than get lumbered with them ( anyone remember Brocock TAC guns ) .

I don't regret selling any of my collection as they were great to own and see how they were engineered over the decades , they used to use brass and all sorts don't you know . lol

Did you downsize or hang on to your collection ?

atvb

Dave

2. big_phil555

big_phil555 New Member

Dave

I recycle my cash for the next purchase - however I do have guns to cover 6yard, HFT, 10m pistol and FT :D

ATB

Phil

3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    On one hand I'd love to downsize, but i regret selling one gun before, and would have loved shooting others that I let slip past... so i'm on the keeper side at the moment... but i don't get the time to shoot them as much as I should.

If I had a CS800'd or Airmasters FTXS stocked venom 77k 0.177 with a mach1 trigger, there's 2 guns that would probably go on sale.

The rest are probably keepers. I might spin off the AA break barrel prototype I picked up recently, but I want to get it shooting and looking just right first.

Would love the mint 300SU I sold back. Would like a mint 600 series as well.

4. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

Ive sold a few guns I regret now but its made way for new ones i guess...or thats what i keep telling myself:D At one point with FAC, shotguns, pistols, air rifles, etc i was just over 30 but ive now rationalised my collection a bit and im down to around the 20 mark:D:D Out of those there are just 2 definate keepers...My Steyr and my Mk2 TX200, both have been used to take many a trophy and acheive many goals and hold far too many special memories that i could ever sell them:)

5. Ray Stewart

Ray Stewart "The Pattern"

Club:
    Rochdale AGC

I sold 3 guns 18 months ago a couple of BSA springers and an AGS pcp, it was just to get rid as I was'nt getting the time to go shooting,I hung on to my AA S400 classic thumbhole but ended up selling it to a gun shop,then about 6 months later I bought another AA S400K, which I still have and I'm not selling.

I'm now retired,early I may add,so I do manage to get out shooting( well sometimes)when er indoors lets me off the leash..my advice is always have a keeper and do just that

6. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

I've had a few and sold a few, I now have my Wolf and a CRX :D The CRX is possibly the better gun:eek::eek: but I need to play with the stock over the winter:cool:

7. Dale

Dale Active Member

I have downsized my collection for the simple reason storage was becoming an issue, and the cash going back in the bank was welcome as well.

Rob,
    What two guns would those be then? (asking as someone who owns a Mach 1 triggered HW77 :D)

The AA prototype, if you can get the trigger unit to me I will give it a good sorting out. did mine at the weekend and it has made a big difference.

Dale

8. RobF

Club:
    There's a lazer'd (i think) venom 77k and a 97k vmach with all the trimmings (bar silencer)... the 97 sits in a maccari

[​IMG]

I'm tempted to keep the stock...

9. Kingplinker

That is gorgeous :eek::eek::eek: I'm in lurve . lol

10. RobF

Club:
    unfortunately the tiger isn't so strong the other side... :(

i'll have to get another made one day i think...

11. Kingplinker

It wouldn't bother me , I would just lay it in its bag at shoots showing the ' better ' side . My PS tends to stay in its bag a lot too :eek:

Dave