Gunpower stealth or storm for hft and ft

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Nizz, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Nizz

Nizz New Member

Hi all new member but been shooting ft an hft at local club just under a year so am still learning I have a tx200 and have had a hw98 and a mk2 huntsman I was looking at the Gunpower range just becaues it's simple to work on and with the right mods apparently it can be very accurate but only have YouTube to vouch for that you can get regs easy enough and replace the internals I know it's not the traditional wooden stock of an air arms or the rest but it looks to be an accurate take down rifle and can be very good I know it's abit of a marmite gun u love or hate but still your thoughts please and if anybody actually owns one some advice would be great thanks

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    i'd use the tx...

3. Ash Bailey

Ash Bailey Herder of delinquent cats.

Club:
    Parkstone GC, Glevum, Nomads HFT.
    Can't think of anyone on the UKAHFT circuit using a Gunpower anything.

This says a lot!

Stick with the TX or 98!

4. rich

rich Active Member

They weren't designed to be sub 12 fpe rifles and they don't really give of their best when throttled back to our legal limit.

The very fact that it's a straight through air path with few obstructions just aggravates the problem of variation between pellets, and paradoxically leads to inconsistency in practice. The AA Pro-Target has probably the most tortuous air path one could invent yet it's been a model of consistency for a couple of decades.

5. bootneckbob

bootneckbob Active Member

Club:
    Bideford, Shebbear
    I've had a couple of them but never for HFT or FT. Personally I wouldn't go there.

6. fireblade

fireblade Team AirArms

Club:
    Tawd Vale FTC
    I had one, great rifle...if you use it like a hammer, a aa400 will run rings around it, and for that matter so will your springer.
    give it a wide berth, just my opinion of course.;)

7. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Use your huntsman mk2, or springers

8. Nizz

Nizz New Member

So what's exactly wrong with them is accuracy that bad as for consistency I have seen the altoros Reg from France on one and it's consistent also seen many mods upgrades to internals hammer slap mods and spring top hat after all that its a tack driver did everyone who just said they owned one just use it out the box no mods?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  9. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

Club:
    Shebbear
    I like to tinker and experiment, so I'm the one who buys the EV2 that won't hit the side of a barn and then messes about with it to get it to come good. If that is your pleasure and getting more than the sum of the parts is your thing, do it. If it works out, you win, if it doesn't, well you still have a saleable rifle and a ton of experience too.

This thread has a feeling of deja vu about it, as I had this very conversation at my local club about ten years ago.

10. Nizz

Nizz New Member

I do like to tinker with stuff and I fell like it could be a really good rifle theres even a guy I have found that does barrels in any length or caliber for them polygon ones aswell as all the internals it seems as tho it's quite an easy to mod than most rifles and its a take down wich is appealing I have tried the aa tdr and it felt awful no amount of tinkering was going to make that action better although pretty accurate it didn't do it for me

11. Nizz

Nizz New Member

What rifle did u get ten years ago?

12. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

Club:
    Shebbear
    Be careful of polygon barrels, I am told they can be very pellet fussy. Worth a try though, just to see.

If you like to mess with stuff, but still have a rifle useful for ft and hft, I'd be looking for an Air Arms Pro Target. I have five or six different barrels, including a Career barrel, which has teeth not lands to spin the pellet, that will fit straight into a Pro-T. You can also experiment with regulator pressure and volumes pretty easily.

Whatever you choose, have fun, it's a fascinating side to shooting.

13. Nizz

Nizz New Member

To be honest I only heard of polygon barrels a week ago but they seem to have some good praise gonna look into it more today I do like that the caliber can be changed within a few mins might have to get a new bottle for it so the power settings are correct between .177 an .22

14. Nizz

Nizz New Member

Is there anybody currently using one or own one at all looking for advice here

15. Nizz

Nizz New Member

I tried the logun s16 aswell good rifle although had a leak as they all seem to do but very heavy for what it is it was nice to shoulder but standing shots would suffer I think plus trying to lighten it would be difficult

16. dave croucher

dave croucher ÃŒch bin ein Meister Man

Stealth
    Without doubt the worst gun i ever had the misfortune to own
    Would only group with Eley wasps 5.56
    Trigger linkage made of bent wire and would fire at random when the safety was released
    Consistantly overpowered
    Poor machining so cylinder didnt line up properly
    And aftersales nearly non existant

Granted it was one of the first but you kind of expect it to be right

17. Lee67

Lee67 Dink ! ...****'

Club:
    Emley Moor ftc
    Stealth worst gun u could buy, they leak, dont group..power is very inconsistant, one shot 10ftlbs next 15:eek:....rubbish..stay away!!

18. Nizz

Nizz New Member

When was this lee67 recently or early days cos they have been improved somewhat since think a reg on it with a top hat upgrade would cure most of these problems

19. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics
    Have you actually used or shot one? Or are you basing your judgement on reading inter web reviews and Youtube ?

I see after all the advice given on here in this thread your in the wanted section after one.

20. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

An s400 would be much, much better choice. A stealth is like going bare back into the cheapest Mexican ****** you can find, just not a good idea.