gun fit and my scores...

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by brede, May 16, 2010.

1. brede

brede all the gear and no idea.

hi all, ive beat 3 PB's in 2 weeks but i get stuck just short of 50. im missing some shots because i need the cheekpiece raised and the buttpad extended. but now im looking at different stocks entirely and i've looked at custom stocks of sheffield (i think thats what its called) has anyone else used these guys and how did you get on? because some of the work ive seen on the website is absolutely outstanding and it looks too good to be true! just wondering how any of you guys got on? or have you made any d.i.y. fixes to save money because someone suggested pipe lagging on the cheekpiece and it may look funny but im gonna try it anyways!

any help greatly appreciated!:D

Mr. brede :D

2. fredyninefingers

fredyninefingers Non member

paul wilson will do you an adjustable cheek,exellent workmanship and quick turn around.give him a call about £65 ish atb fred

3. D Martin

D Martin Non member

I bit the bullet and borrowed a band saw then got Elmor Fudd to make me some adjustable risers for my S400...turned out ok and fits much better now :)
    Or like Fred said Paul Wilson can do the job for you and would make a top job.
    Much cheaper than buying a new stock .......custom stocks are near me and although I think their work is good their designs to me are very bland and I have seen much nicer work from the likes of Paul Wilson,GinB and a few other who do custom work but I couldn't afford any of it.

Dave

4. imorik

imorik Member

Club:
    Ex Anston FTC
    All standard stocks are a compromise.........so they fit no one perfectly. Seriously thinking about having a stock made by Gary Cane, but at a few qiud shy of £600 all i can do at the moment is think about it :(. If the comb height is the only problem you've got with your stock and all else fits OK I'd go with having it modified. Paul Wilson as already mentioned or Frenchi (on BBS) . DIY with the risers provided by Elmor Fudd (really helpful chap) or UK Neil but wouldn't think about it unless you have the right tools and confidence.

5. rickysdaystate

rickysdaystate Make Every Shot Count

Club:
    Greyhound
    Paul Wilson will make a stock to fit YOU. You could get a stock made by him and ask if you can have an adjustable butt pad and cheek piece, then that way youll win alround. They look nice too

6. brede

brede all the gear and no idea.

ok thanks chaps how do i contact this fella? and where is he based? thanks, john