1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gun blueing?

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by blitz, Jul 4, 2010.

1. blitz

blitz New Member

Club:
    Treetops
    Has anyone had experience in re blueing guns and how hard/whats involved ect? Seen the blueing kits on ebay has anyone bought one? Thanks in advance for any help :)

2. paula

paula Senior Member

richard, phil told you that he has re- blued and it is easy but didnt buy the kit off ebay bought it from litts and he should have enough left to do your gun

3. blitz

blitz New Member

Club:
    Treetops
    Ok cool lol ive slept since then and after todays rain it pickled up lol so need to redo it :p

4. Artfull-Bodger

Artfull-Bodger New Member

to be honest the cold bluing kits are best avoided, I have tried several the caseys superblue being the least worst!
    when you apply them they look okish, but they wear off very quickly, the only real option is to have the metal hot blued by a gunsmith, unfortunatly this costs, I have recently given up trying to source the equipment to hot blue , the costs of setting up are prohibitive, instead I have bought electro plating equipment and will try nickel plating my HW77 I am building for FT comps!
    Mike.