Greyhound Gun Club

Discussion in 'Midlands England' started by Dave g, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Dave g

Dave g Member

The Greyhound Gun Club is pleased to announce that it is now affiliated to UKAHFT.

There will be a dedicated 30 shot course for HFT set to current UKAHFT specifications, the HFT course targets will have white face plates distinguishing them from the FT course that will have yellow face plates.
    Weather permitting we hope to have the HFT course finished around the middle of December.
    Next year we plan to run a series of Open competitions for experienced competitors and to encourage newcomers to the sport.

I will keep updating information on how the course is coming along over the next few weeks, for now here are some photos of the first 3 targets that have been completed you will see in the background the yellow faceplates of the FT course.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110536899879290052474/Greyhound231112?authkey=Gv1sRgCOv82qqi3vav1wE#

For more information regarding the club and its facilities http://www.greyhoundgunclub.co.uk/

2. pwiles1968

pwiles1968 New Member

Club:
    Kibworth
    Great work Dave, as I said in the week have been meaning to get along to the Greyhound even more reason to do so now :).

3. rickysdaystate

rickysdaystate Make Every Shot Count

Club:
    Greyhound
    Nice one simmo ;)

4. Tye

Tye Shabba

Club:
    Moxons ARC, Tamworth SG,Welsh Covert SG, Whittington GC, Greyhound GC
    Top job Dave now a top venue for ft and now for HFT also some great setups for pistols. Well done Dave G, Simmo and Big Bill.

5. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    Are both sets going to be out during FT comps (thinking winter league) or are strings going to be rolled up and the white targets bagged or removed?

6. Dave g

Dave g Member

I hope there wouldn't be a need to remove targets, I would hope that putting the target down and placing the string away from the peg/lane would be sufficient.
    Targets are being positioned so that they do not interfere with the FT targets i.e there is a clear line of sight to the target from the shooting position.
    For any HFT competitions doing the above with the FT targets will be sufficient, this has worked o.k on the two occasions that I have competed at the Greyhound in the Daystate Midland Hunter Series and on these occasions all the target face plates were the same colour.

7. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    Thats ok as long as issues of interferance and potential confusion have been considered.

8. stillwater

stillwater Active Member

Club:
    KSG, Misfits
    Just scarp FT and make it an HFT club job sorted;):rolleyes:

9. simmo 1198

simmo 1198 Member

Club:
    Greyhound Gun Club, Coventry. purly chase,
    re-hft at the Greyhound

Credit where it's due, Dave G who stepped up to offer his experience in HFT to put a course out. All I do is cut the lanes in, to make it a right ***** to clear comp wise:eek:o:D. (what wind was that).And to answer another worry about mistaking HFT-FT comp targets at the Greyhound for the shooters that are colour blind FT targets WILL BE NONE ANIMAL SHAPE( YELLOW). HFT TARGETS WILL BE ANIMAL SHAPE AND (WHITE). And lets not forget to thank Mr Adam (I talk to stones) Walsh, for his building skills, and the members that helped in the building of the pistol range, and the forth coming covered ft-hft practice range. Also a Big thanks to all who are positive, when changes are offered forward to make the Greyhound a better place for all types of shooting disciplines, and a good atmosphere for all;) regards Simmo.

10. ellis d

ellis d Active Member

Club:
    Castle ftc
    Wots scarp mean...????? Il just practice my standers on the hft targets....not being that far out...:rolleyes:

11. springer34

springer34 anschutz 9003

All there is to say is simmo top bloke and great club as always for plinking and pistols hft and field target and for anyone, all disiplines are welcome you all make the club, i hope to have my lad shoot at the greyhound long after im gone he is 2 and a half!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  12. JJ

JJ Member

Club:
    Purley Chase FTC
    Geyhound Gun Club

I'll second that! I'm a newbie to the sport but the way Simmo runs his club there has been support, help and laughs from day one. Thanks Simmo and keep up the sterling work you're doing!
    All the best
    John

13. swiftysue

swiftysue A sip of tea in the ocean

Club:
    Greyhound
    Big enough for all

Just to say I have been a member of the Greyhound since April and they have all been fantastic. The course is big enough for all HFTC,FT, hand guns etc. FT has given me a life back after a few years of illness, and a servere back injury. All should have great respect for each others disaplines and the time and effort that people have put into to the course. To the people that put in wonderful comments like 'just do away with FT and it will be sorted ' are in my mind extremly narrow minded and I am afraid I would love to do HFTC put after landing 40 ft on my back no way can i lie down like action man, but Ft gives me the scope to do what i can. I hope we can all get on and the club can grow and the saying goes the 'only thing constant in life is change'

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  14. ellis d

ellis d Active Member

Club:
    Castle ftc
    Well said....:)

15. JEV

JEV Member

Club:
    Purley Chase FTC
    Great to see the Greyhound is continuing to develop as a club for all airgun shooters to enjoy their sport together. Keep up the good work !

16. Dave g

Dave g Member

At last I am pleased to announce that the HFT course is finished & round 5 of the Daystate Midland Hunter Series was held yesterday on the course.
    The course is set to UKAHFT 2013 specifications & is available to shoot on a daily basis, £4 per day non members & £5 weekly for members.
    The HFT course targets have white face plates & the FT course has yellow face plates.
    The club plans to host a monthly series of HFT open competions - dates to follow.
    Dave.