Grand Prix 16joules

Discussion in 'Daystate' started by Pepone, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Pepone

Pepone WFTF World Champion 2010

Club:
    Villarrubio FT
    I would to know what is the speed limit of this rifle with jsb exact 8,44 and with jsb express 7,9 in the UK model.
    I know that fac models has no limit or limit is 900 fps with no restriction of type of pellet. But i would to know the maximum speed in the uk model for the exact and express-mosquito.

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    16J= 12ft-lb or close enough.

So 827fps for mozzies, or 800 (i think, don't have the numbers to hand) for the exacts.

For BFTA competitions you have to subtract 5 fps from those figures.

3. Pepone

Club:
    Villarrubio FT
    Hi Rob, congratulations for win the Showdown comp.
    The question I have is that in the grand prix model configured to 12fp, is limited to less than 16j. And I wonder if a owner knows, what's the maximum speed limit that can be set up the GP, (and I know it will always be less than 12fp-16 joules). And I'd like to know what pellets and speed setup they are using.

Here in Spain we have a Daystate distributor and we can get them at FAC and 12fp version. FAC version is only limited to 900fps, but you can use any type of pellet, light or heavy, and the maximum power is about 24-25J.
    It can also be used to 16j, but regulation is not good. I think the original 12fp are better adjusted to that power.

I've already tested a fac version, and this week i will test a 12fp version. I would to know in advance what speeds and pellets are the most used in UK for this airgun.

4. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    On standard settings, you won't get over 785 with an 8.44gn pellet even if you set the speed at 800.

If you stick 7.9gn pellets in, you may scrape 790's, but not near the 12fpe limit of 826.

(i've tested 2 now and both the same)

I found if you set the speed within the gun's power cap, (say 775fps) it seems to work better - more consistent.

5. Pepone

Club:
    Villarrubio FT
    Thanks a lot, the gun has reached today, this weekend it will be tested, i hope more consistency than the fac version, and minor vibration and movement. I will post my test.