GP7 east Devon .

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by holly, Jul 22, 2010.

1. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    So what is the score with east devons club , course wise .what can we expect ??? HOLLY

2. Mr P

Mr P Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    Hi Holly will you not require an interperater if you go to that one or is it that they are more south than yourself steve

3. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Mean .

You don't mean WORZLE BASHERS ??? HOLLY

4. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Shot the GP course last month with my HFT kit, good luck you will need it:D:D:D Take your anti mossie/horse fly kit as well;) Cracking venue:D

And do not lock your keys in the boot of your car:D

5. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

Club:
    EAST DEVON FTC
    The Wurzels are from Bristol.......we are more south than that and more like Jethro....lol

As for the course I think we have laid out one that will cater for all tastes and challenge the top shots and we have been tweaking it over the past week ..average course length is 43 yards with 6 standers ,4 kneelers and 5 reducers. The wood is a mixture of pine and natural with dark and light bits,The shooting postions are flat with plenty of room between and when sat down you can only see the targets in that lane and we do not have any crossed strings at all.

Chris Jones

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  6. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    looking forward to it chris... did you get one on the bucket of the JCB? :D

shooting AM, so once that's out the way I can stick on something green and take shots and marshall or whatever...

got some pellets to shove down the range at some point, but that can be done any time during the afternoon.

7. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

Club:
    EAST DEVON FTC
    No JCB Rob..lol.....Found a big tall oak tree instead.

8. JAGXKRS

Perfectly good HFT course wasted on you lot:p:p:p:D:D:D

9. RobF

Club:
    Probably true, Chris normally reserves that for training the local help the aged and the under 10's... once they've cleared that, usually after an hour or so of picking up a rifle, he gives them something more challenging like the 2 ft plates on the plinking range :D

10. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Find out and see

Holly,

Why dont you just turn up and see what you are going to shoot. Or is it, you need the heads up to help you fella???

Ive shot the ground before and thoroughly enjoyed the place, Chris has got a cracking set up there and looking forward to Sunday...

Berty

11. JAGXKRS

I seem to remember the winner shot 76/80 on 6 x mag on the GP course :p:p:p:D:D:D Must give this FT lark a try even you are ranked as fairly good:p:p:p:eek::eek::D:D

12. RobF

Club:
    Should be a good one... think it could be tight as well given the weather... 6 standers should mean the cream will rise to the top... and it looks like in AA at least most of the top 10 will be there... only 3 left, everyone to count ;)

13. RobF

Club:
    Jump in :D

Mind you, it's bad enough when Steve Lanyman hands it to a lot of the field with his 10x scope as well... so don't push it all the way in for the first few goes :D

14. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Come along

Chris,

Be great to see you there fella. Ive sorted a hft kit for myself now so going to get the practice in to have a good go. I really want to shoot some nationals next year and get into both sports.

Berty

15. JAGXKRS

Berty would be good to see you on the circuit mate, try the Welsh Open 14 August I'll shoot with you:D Rob last time I did the dialing in business the range was a lot further :cool:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  16. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Welsh Open

Already spoken to Sparky and booked in for that one Chris.

Im nights on the Friday I think, so will need some nurturing care hahaaa.....

Berty

17. RobF

Club:
    :D... bet they weren't reducers ;)

18. rich

rich Active Member

Jag, it was I, and it was on 5 mag, not 6. I knew the aimpoints for 10x mag but as we were shooting to UKAHFT rules with no refocussing allowed I decided to shoot on a lower mag, and choosing 5 instead of 6 simplified the mental arithmetic.

And thanks for the result,:D actually it was 76 ex 100 not 80 but it was all shot kneeling.

So all I have to do on Sunday is to beat 26 and I've improved my score.....:D:D

19. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Only

Only three GPs to go and i have not qualified . the main reason is that they keep knocking out 6 standers . i can get the kneelers . but the standers are not coming . so any thing i can learn about the course is good . try , try and try again ??? HOLLY

20. RobF

Club:
    Keep bashing away hols, we'll see you at curridge i'm sure :)

Funny how adding 2 standers takes it up a notch, been feeling it as well... especially with that stock. Only did 4/6 on the last one because as my partner's will tell you, the longest sounded like it bounced of the armco of the M1 before hitting the target ;)

I don't know if what Chris has out is like what we've shot before, or if he's thrown in some curve balls... all i know is the lay of the land... it's flat, but there's some tall trees. It's wooded, but open, canopy high, and the wind does vary along the course even if it looks linear. Spotting the shots landing will give you a good bead, even if they're knocking them down.