gp6 iceni

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by mikewills8904, Jul 7, 2011.

1. mikewills8904

mikewills8904 walthers last the course

Club:
    oaktree ftc and tondu ftc
    ok i am planning to leave early on saterday are there any clubs open for a play near iceni

2. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    On Route ?

The only club with a full FT course to shoot is Springfield arc . why not come along sat ??? HOLLY

3. mikewills8904

Club:
    springfield

holly have you got a postcode for springfield ,how far from from iceni is it

4. steg

steg Member

Club:
    Emley Moor
    Mike -Springfield is about 40 miles from Iceni.About halfway along the A12 thiers a burger van near Hatfield Peveral that does 'greedy bugger breakfasts'....give it a go...second time lucky eh ? :D:D:D

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  5. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Addy ?

Addy is CM4 0JX . the gate is south of that mark on the bend ??? HOLLY
    PS Iceni aboiut an hour from there .

6. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Good Day

A good day at Springfield . mike tried out the course and only dropped two ??? HOLLY:):D

7. mikewills8904

Club:
    Big thanks to the Springfield boys,Dave ,Holly,etc bloody great welcome thanks for all the tea ,good practice on the course ,great day right up to the point were I just fell out of the bath and twisted my ankle ,bloody killing so its a few pain killers and bed ,see u all in morning ,big thanks top welcome and good company

8. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Looks

Looks like you will have to practice yoiur standers mike ??? HOLLY:):D

9. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Well done Andy Calps with a win today 49, beat big Neil D in a shoot off. good shootin lads and i'll be seeing both of you in Spain on Friday ;)

10. mikewills8904

Club:
    gp6

great weekend thanks to all for the company good shoot .but what a drive ,,,ooh and yes holly 2 miss standers is bad but 2 miss a 19 yard stander is shocking .:eek::mad:

11. PeteM

PeteM New Member

What an excellent enjoyable course today, many thanks to everyone responsible for the day for all your work & effort. :)

12. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Cheers for all the work put into that... the breeze as a bitch, but the whole day was top notch... always a pleasure to shoot at Iceni. Good company, good course, what's not to like? :)

Will put up a report and some pics later :)

13. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Cursed hAAt

The Thanks

Thanks to Iceni + friends for gp 6, nice course with good targets placement and best of all no Wind.:)
    Did not come out of kill once!:eek:

Still shot like a tart on 2 kneelers + 2 standers and Think the 35 yard reducer (target 23) in the V of the trees i missed was a "castleton" shot as it went so far off course it was bemusing.
    Still, a score that started with a "4" is better than Gp 4 + 5 lol.

The suggestions (hope their constructive)

Coulkd have done with the chrono nearer car parking? I sometimes like to check my gun before shooting and as it matters not where the chrono is on a course, cant see the reason for placing it far away from the nearest point of the courses to the car park.( Nelson was simular!)
    Just a thaught to help shooters out by putting chrono tent as near to car park / zero as possible??

I know some shot wrong targets as in some lanes you could see more than two targets, yes the numbers were close to the target ( in kost cases? ) but perhaps alternative plate colours is an option in lanes where more than one two targets can be seen? I was actually pleased to see black plates for a change.:)
    Strings, not a problem for me but did hear a few moans about crossing strings yesterday.
    Some of the lanes were a bit close together so finding a place for guns not in use was at times tight. I like to see guns not in use pointing over the firing line, but in places there was not room.

Course though on whole very well balanced i thaught,

Well done to Calps on the win.

14. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Thanks to everyone involved with the day at Iceni - my first visit and it was a very enjoyable one :)

Congrats to Calps on the win - 3 GPs won by NEFTA boys now :D

Dave.

15. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC

Excellent point - I will mention it to the guys at Redfearns and see if we can sort this out.

16. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

A great but long 19hr day for the group of us from the Island.

Views from the group.

The 'newbie'
    Trial by fire I think is the word to use never done a FT event even at regional level. Not to sure who his partners were but they helped him and for a first time FT shoot he was happy with a 15 and I would like to thank them. However at the end we think we know what might have been his issue, oil on or around the hammer on his LG110. Shot 520fps then 550fps through chrono :confused: We will be doing some more checking at the club next week.

The slight experienced FT'er.
    Enjiyed the shoot but annpoyed with himself but had to rush a few shots as ranged or aim at wrong targets before releasing the trigger. Found also that some targets made more difficult for being a left hander.

The old timerish at FT (me)
    Enjoyed the shoot but I think I can say the words on the old school report ' Must try harder' :D . To many silly misses but not sure if it was due to over heating as the weather hot and humid at times. As a preference would like to have not had so many crossing strings as at times distracting to see an orange blur in the scope as one is pulled.

And on a sarcastic note the camera near the stander at the top was a bit off putting as you could hear the shuter goin the moments before or after pulling the trigger and realising you had missed not one but both :rolleyes: :D. I hope it missed my expressions for missing them :p

Overall a great day had by all, weather held the rain off til we had finished luckliy even though looked like it would chuck it down at times.

17. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    I also found it off putting, least thats my excuse for double dinking there!:D

18. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Sounds a good one to me as thats the one I used as well for missing the first one, but used it for the double dink on the kneelers as I felt I was more 'in front' of the camera for that lane.

19. DeanB

DeanB Active Member

Club:
    Harriers FTC
    Really enjoyed the shoot and the company - thanks Pete and Gordon. Oh the close stander - nightmares for weeks to come!

DeanB

20. TourneySteve

TourneySteve New Member

Club:
    Midshires
    Yea always enjoy shooting at Iceni. Lovely day yesterday, good weather, lovely burger, shot pretty well, could've done with some Jungle Formula though :eek: :D