GP Feedback poll and prizes for GP?

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by RobF, Aug 5, 2013.

1. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    A couple of people have mentioned to me about a constructive feedback poll for BFTA GP shoots, so clubs can get a handle on what went down well, and what perhaps could be improved upon with helpful suggestion.

This could be useful to help clubs improve upon their excellent efforts to date if they wish to hold another for the future, as well as perhaps giving a guide for future clubs to look towards.

And perhaps there could be a prize handed out for the top one of the year? This has come to me via a couple of people after recent shoots, with genuine thoughts as to how to give thanks for shoots, rather than an aid to bashing a club's/region's efforts which seems to be done via Chinese whispers. As anyone knows who's put on a shoot, it's a considerable effort and a huge amount of hard work, but constructive feedback is usually welcomed.

So if it got any wings, what would people like to feedback on?

Food, Facilities, Plinking range, Marshalling, Targets...?

If I can get a handle on what general topics people would like to feedback on I can look to build something into the BFTA site if it gets a nod.

2. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Rob,

Are you thinking of something like a star review rating like you see on things like holiday firms etc.

I suppose that way it might indicate in just which areas would need to be looked at more closely. Thinking out aloud you could have
    Signage to ground, parking, booking in, facilities, food, plinking range, course layout(not including targets), targets, marshalling, whistles.

3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Something perhaps... but perhaps something where people can say 1-10 out of ten, and then if say below 5 or whatever can leave a comment as to why and suggestions for improvement.

Sometimes if you break down all the various aspects, some of it can be forgotten because some other aspect is more prevalent. So for instance, signage to the event could be excellent, but perhaps that's overshadowed because someone didn't like the target position. In terms of mubbling feedback the club may only hear of the target position, but only if asked may they say "oh yeh, no problem finding it, top stuff"... or " the burgers were expensive but the stats staff were excellent".

There's just so much to the recipe of a good shoot beyond targets or whatever, and perhaps it's a way of feeding back all the element rather than one aspect that's remembered.

4. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    comment's

I would say this will end up with ill feeling,some people do not take critism very well.
    And then you will get people that don't know a good course from a bad course putting their foot in it.
    Maybe just have a poll of best shoot and reason's why.
    For what it's worth,i think the best shoot is the region that set's the course out to the current rule's.

5. rich

rich Active Member

Brave man, Rob. :cool:

If everyone stuck to making impartial and non-personal comments you would have a good chance, but I can see this going sour. There might also be issues around commenting on your own region's GP, if it wasn't your club hosting it.

Don't know if Ratinator had his tongue in his cheek but the bit about following the rules strikes a chord with me at regional level............ ;)

6. maddog

maddog Active Member

Club:
    Emley f t c
    gp

If it aint broke dont mess.

7. craigtodd1968

craigtodd1968 Member

Well Rob,
    I think it has merits. Maybe not a comment box. Too many people out there can't be constructive.
    Maybe not a prize either as that makes people competitive.
    People work hard on these courses. We don't always get it right, ideas to lmrove are always welcome.
    Its the way its put across that counts,
    This way seemed like a good way to do it.
    The glass that is always half full is never empty.
    Todd