GP '6' ideas...

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by RobF, Aug 8, 2014.

1. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Firstly, well done to Jeremy for making a tough decision. In my mind, knowing the ground, better safe than sorry. One of those where it's bound to be wrong either way, but better off with no risk in my opinion. I know Jeremy is probably the most upset at the situation, he's always proud to put on the event and to ensure it's a good day for everyone.

Had some ideas put past me, but as Shaun is on holiday, perhaps we can air some views.

One idea i've had put in my inbox is reschedule for the 17th August. It does clash with a local swefta shoot, but it's been said that South Dorset could be reimbursed for lost shooters, and it's close enough that the mad fools chasing both could do both on the same day with a little bit of planning perhaps...

Another is a double header at the last GP, which i've no idea if it's possible or not.

Worth considering that either way there will be some work for someone along the line, before anyone fires a shot, but lets see what comes out of the collective hive mind.

2. LittleJack

LittleJack Active Member

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    Ohhhh a double header for the last two rounds... the exitement!!! And one trip.
    Swefta shouldn't lose the shoot though really
    Jack

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  3. RobF

Club:
    No I'm sure they don't want to. They've already layed out for the loos and aside from that I know east Devon are really keen to put on a show.

4. ellis d

ellis d Active Member

Club:
    Castle ftc
    Make emley moor gp6..(sorry devon) quite a few people will have lost money on hotels booked and wont want to book again, Do the last gp october 4th same day as bfta masters, your score counting for both...bfta masters has struggled for numbers in the past, this would help with that..be a big weekend with showdown the next day...! Also it would be a nice gesture if the bfta compensated devon for the money spent on the portaloos...etc.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  5. dave croucher

dave croucher ÃŒch bin ein Meister Man

Clash

17th August clashes with open shoot at iceni

6. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Don't really know how to play this..

Lads/ladies,

The issue is that the dates have been scheduled since the start of the year and other things have been added in on the weekends in between.

For myself I'm away for a stag party the weekend of the 17th so that puts that one out for me..

Problem I've got is that I've shot all the series and have had 2 bad rounds.. I would need these 2 last rounds to do well in to help me out overall..

The weekend of the masters I'm at a wedding so was happy to sacrifice that weekend for it.

Other issue for the last gp I help Kevin out with prizes and bring prizes from lots of the sponsors so would have to look at passing that all on to someone to deliver..

This sounds one sided and I don't mean to sound tin that way.. I personally don't know what would be best to sort what has happened out..

Berty

7. countorik

countorik BFTA C Grade Champion 2010

Club:
    Tondu
    Gp 6

Just an idea, would it be possible to put a course out in the field where we park, no trees there. May not be ideal, but at least those who have booked time off, hotels ect would get to shoot.

8. swiftysue

swiftysue A sip of tea in the ocean

Club:
    Greyhound
    problems, problems

To be honest I have not got the foggest what a double header is ? So so sorry for my ignorance,only my second full gp series. Perhaps the best idea would be and not sure if this is a double header ? If your score at emley counted twice,as I think perhaps moving it back further will play havoc with scoring,dates pre arranged for everyone etc,and most be attend the last one emley because if the added bonus of the raffle x

9. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    august 31st is free of any Ft dates that I can see.

so, leave Gp 7 on its date, but it becomes Gp 6.

If and only the weather will decide, East Devon can and want to host a Gp this year, then august 31st becomes Gp 7.
    Be nice for the East Devon round to get a few of those last round entries (drawn by the prizes) to boost numbers up a bit.
    I am sure Jeremy can provide the marque if needs be for the prize giving on the day?

10. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    I proposed double header gp's a year or so back Sue. It did not quite make it!:eek:o

Its a shoot on a sunday + Bank holiday Monday, least that's my preferred schedule.
    It can of course be Saturday and Sunday. Thing is I would say more people would have to book a Saturday off over a bank holiday Monday.

Idea is two venues close (say within 25 miles) together, eg Emley and redferns. Book 1 nights room half way between them or whatever suits ( £35) if travelling and save on the Fuel £70!

Plus of course doing 2 Gp in one weekend frees up more time in a month for local / open shoots, or family even!

11. EELS

EELS Member

Club:
    Kent Woodsmen FTC
    Traditionally Masters was a 40 shot course though. And I think it may have been 60 shots last year in an effort to garner interest. Either way, it's not a 50, so wouldn't suit I don't think.

12. craigtodd1968

craigtodd1968 Member

Now I'm down in Devon already and I'm sure others are to
    Yes I'm out of pocket but its a break. Alot of us do work Saturdays/sundays
    So you have the other problem of booking time off as driving on the day
    is a no go as not practical to some. I had planed to do 3 shoots this year
    Emley being last and putting a £5 in the pot to get me in the draw.
    Like to know how I stand with that one if we can't get another shoot.
    that is practical. I do believe if we put a £1 extra at gp7 we can help
    Devon out with costs then bfta can pick up the rest if needed
    to reimburse the them.
    Using the masters as one could be a go but again it has its problems.
    Really could do with a crystal ball on this one.

13. fredyninefingers

fredyninefingers Non member

Day 1 of the euros at Weston park could score for your final gp score

14. RobF

Club:
    Just for the idea of shooting the field...

There's an expected months rain in 4 hours Sunday.
    It's expected there to be 30-50 mph winds.
    It's a field with no shelter at the end of a lane lined with trees.

Keep em coming.

15. Brian.Samson

Brian.Samson Allowed in Sales Staff Member

Club:
    Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range
    Whatever you do you're going to inconvenience some shooters, so I reckon what you should do is the solution that inconveniences the fewest shooters.

This looks like the perfect opportunity to use the new BFTA Website's Poll option Rob.

Present shooters with the viable options in a poll and let the majority decide? Or at least let the majority have an input into the decision that's made by the BFTA.

What mandate does the BFTA have in it's constitution and bylaws to make this sort of quick decision? I suppose the 'official' way to go with this would be for a region to raise a motion and call for an EGM, then all the regions reps should meet and vote on that motion. Or is this sort of decision all down to the comp sec to make?

16. rich

rich Active Member

Have an electronic GP. Get Brian Samson to upload the details of the East Devon course to his wind trainer, and set it up so that you have to put in your BFTA number to access the file, and once you're in it sets a flag to give you just that one go, no practising.

If Brian can wangle it, the app could record your score and pass it on to HQ.

17. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    My last GP season

I really look forward to my shoot's during the GP season and always have to sacrafice the last one due to family hols.
    I will not get a chance now to drop my rivi ,gwent scores and that has placed me outside the top ten so nothing for my efforts .
    Think next season i will save my self some money and do the summer series,for me 7 GPs has not worked, too long between shoots clicking heels and building up for the day when it arrives.
    If the day before the masters was the final GP then i could drop a score and get a go in the raffle,but i doubt that will be the out come:eek:o
    Simon Francis

18. RobF

Club:
    As soon as Shaun gives me green light it will be done.

As you said the idea that inconveniences the least.

Any emergency action should be enabled by the constitution. If not csfta will back any vote.

19. TREV RYN

TREV RYN Well-Known Member

skelmanthorpe ,west yorkshire,emley moor ftc
    a double header could be possible one course for Saturday and altered for sunday at emley whats your thoughts;)

20. wagger 52

wagger 52 Member

Club:
    Redfearn
    Gp emley

Emley double header ..... What a weekend to finish. Sounds mega and they have the grounds to do it. Worth looking at IMO